Questions and tiling advice in the The Welcome Forum - Please post an introduction message in this forum by clicking HERE. If you'd like to stay anonymous that's okay, click HERE to post a general tiling question to the forum..

Some popular forums: UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice - Tile Adhesives Advice | Which Tile Adhesive to use - Tiling Tools Advice | Best Tile Cutters

- Votes
Normal Threads
0 Votes
Thanks for the welcome. I have a problem with cracked grout in our en-suite shower, which is within the dormer of a chalet style bungalow, so a timber wall construction. Shower area has hardiebacker board fixed through 50mm overdrawn Celotex using turbo gold screws. 10mm porcelain tiles fixed...
Replies
Views
- Votes
Replies
Views
N/A
0 Votes
Hello all! This is my first post on this forum, and I just want to spread the good word that we have highly reviewed hands on training courses and eLearning courses available at www.thestoneandtileschool.com. I am an instructor here and we only 5 students per class. Classes are usually given...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi All Used to be a forum member some years ago but took a sabbatical for health reasons. Now back doing a few jobs part time! Never been so busy 😂 Best wishes to all Pete Taylor
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi, have fitted bath across end of bathroom, with 270mm surface at each end, see photo’s attached. Intending to tile across full length side panel, but wanting to allow access to bath waste (central) and hot and cold water feed isolators (left). Have installed panel timbers with centres...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Delighted to find this Tilers’ forum. Have previously used the Plumbers’ forum which has been very helpful. I took on tiling the en-suite in our extension a couple of years back. Didn’t start well: didn’t know the significance of having selected porcelain tiles until I tried to make the first...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Good morning, I've used this site a number of times for tiling info and have always found it really useful, but this time I wanted to post a question before I start a tiling job. I am about to start work on our en-suite shower. I need to remove the old tiles and (no idea what is under there i'm...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Bathroom fitter says this is the correct way to lay tiles and nothing in the rule book says he can’t dot and dabb
Replies
Views
0 Votes
just a confused & concerned homeowner hoping to have my mind put at rest...Thank you.
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hello everyone ! I am 42 and have been a tiler since 18 , working with alot of larger tiling contractors and also over 10 years as a victorian tiler !I had a car crash in 2018 , and now cannot work as have compressed nerves in my neck , stopping me from fixing as a tiler , I have alot of...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi Long time lurker first time poster.\ Recently moved to a new area so kinda starting again building up clients ect but the works coming in steady so i,m not complaining. My main issue is i,ve always had a Topps Tiles close to me and used them for Bal products but now i,ve got the choice of...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi I am new on here and I am going to tile over tile in my shower and was wondering if I can use Mapai primer g to give my old tiles a base primer before waterproofing? thanks steve
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi Everyone New to the forum, been tiling for about 14 years and do the occassional bathroom refit. Trigger
Replies
Views
- Votes
Replies
Views
N/A
0 Votes
Hello. Long time no see I have been registered as Hugo I think but the e mail wasn't recognised so here I am again. I've not done a huge amount in the way of tiling but have volunteered to to a bathroom to help a customer out, inly to find they want to use marble tiles. If anyone is South...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Retired homeowner and wanna be handyman. I'm currently rebuilding a 3'X5' shower in my little 44 year old home. After 2 months I finally have some mosaic floor tile down, grouting today. I now have a great respect for persons that install showers for a living. May be lots of questions before the...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
T
Hello. I am trying to find Ceramiche Guocera white wall tiles 25cm x 20cm x 6mm. Can anyone suggest a supplier, ideally Glasgow area
Replies
Views
S Robottom
S
0 Votes
Hello everyone just completed a short course and would like to get into tiling and away from plumbing i would like your advice on what cutting blade to buy for a 4 inch grinder to cut both porcelain and ceramic tiles or would it be better to have two different type blades so much to take in...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
M
Hi I am a diy tiler and have joined this forum hoping that I might find some discontinued wickes tiles so that I can complete my floor.The tiles are called Arden oak and are light oak in colour, 150x600 mm and I'm short of about 5 tiles, can anybody help please ?
Replies
Views
Carol Firth
C
0 Votes
R
Hi All, I am a new member to this forum and hopefully someone out there can help me with my request! I need to purchase some Azuvi Dibelgio Mare (600 x 300) ceramic floor tiles to replace existing. Having viewed several websites I understand the Azuvi as a company in Spain went into...
Replies
Views
Brenda F
B
0 Votes
So this if my fourth day on my tiling course and also my first assignment. Please feel free to comment and tell me what you think. Finishing the grouting on the small black tiles. Assessment KITCHEN.
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hello and good evening. My name is Luke im currently doing a short diploma level two in floor and wall tiling, and thought i would share my journey. Please feel free to tell me what ive done wrong or doing right. My first timw ever laying a tile.
Replies
Views
0 Votes
T
I started a job I got through a kitchen company and after an initial quote to work before the kitchen was fitted. On arrival the client had purchased a 10 x 8 bathroom tile for the wall and a low gradeceramic tile for the floor. I began the work on a wednesday afternoon, after not being able to...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Can anyone recommend the best brick acid to use to remove efflorescence and stain8ng on exterior porcelain patio paving tiles?
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi all, I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum, I’m Ryan and I came back off the UK Pro Tiling course in Hartlepool last week and am looking to start up on my own. I would like to get some experience while the work comes in and thought I’d ask if anyone would like a hand or mind if I...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi, our forum runs on passion. And we hope you're here to join in. Please leave your tiling questions for the main forums. But post a quick introduction about why you're here, where you found us, whether you're pro or DIY, what kind of job you've got on, that kind of thing. Expect the tilers...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi, l'm a new member Uk. My Ferm 550 (dont laugh) wet cutter blade seems angled (to the right ) in the bed, so cutting with the guide means the waste part of tile gets 'squeezed 'against the guide and blade so becomes impossible to push through so l finish up having to turn workpeice round or do...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
L
Hi there, Have bought a house with these tiles and think they are about 10-12 years old, would love to get more of them to extend room, any ideas? Thanks
Replies
Views
Annie Woolcock
A
0 Votes
Hi, Looking for tilers in the south east, mainly Sussex, Kent, Brighton and Sevenoaks. If anyone is looking for work please get in touch!
Replies
Views
0 Votes
I'm looking for some advice. About five years ago I had porcelain paving tiles laid on my patio and the installer used white porcelain grout. It is now starting to show gaps and I'm looking for some advice on the best rated white easy grout for exterior porcelain tiles to refurbish or should I...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi everyone , been out of the trade for a while and started back up in business again .
Replies
Views
0 Votes
So here I am. Giving tiling a go. Complete novice. Bought all the tools so it would probably have been cheaper to hire someone at this point. But hopefully it's a warm up for bigger things. Thought I'd start with a small area around a sink and counter top in my utility area. At least if this...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
Hi all Some advice needed please. I'm doing a renovation and now it needs tiling. I've tried to get a tiler but cant get one in the time frame i need, as time is running out and i need to move in by the end of April, i'm going to have to do the job myself. The floor is 60mm anhydrite screed...
Replies
Views
0 Votes
N
Hi, Thinking of moving out to Spain, would appreciate any input on ways to get work out there......
Replies
Views
Ashley weeks
A
0 Votes
to all can anyone tell me if its ok to tile over hardwall plaster which is going to be wher the new shower will be .the area is about 2.5 high and 600 wide .should i just hack it off and sand and cement it. or am i just being paranoid. cheers
Replies
Views
Dongrand
D
0 Votes
Hello everybody. Yet another DIYer here, about to take on a 18m2 bathroom wall tiling job in my own home, with virtually no tiling experience. What could go wrong! Steve
Replies
Views
0 Votes
R
Hi Im trying to source a tile anywhere in the country its manfactured by a polish company Opoczno and is a metalic silver textured 30x60 tile Can anyone help
Replies
Views
Denis Crompton
D
0 Votes
L
I had found a lovely spacia contour amtico floor (earthern) but my builder asked me to tread on the sample wearing a stiletto heel, it left an indentation, which kind of went away (mostly).:yikes: He has never fitted this type of floor and it left me doubtful that it would be suitable in my...
Replies
Views
Catkin 51
C
0 Votes
K
Hello. My name is Ken Fairest. I'm a tiler in Whakatane,New Zealand. I enjoy looking at what other tilers are doing around the world and learning of any new products and procedures etc. I have already picked up a few tips. We here in NZ are quite a bit behind what is happening out there so...
Replies
Views
Carolyn 0277520155
C
0 Votes
P
I am desperately looking for a box or two of CANAKKALE SERAMIK MAS-4925 Virginia Noce tiles...........(size 20x25) Can anyone help please? Regards Pete Berry (Gloucester)
Replies
Views
Kay Fenwick
K
Post a New Thread / Question

Latest 10