Discuss Please give advice to a Newbie!! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

COYI72

-
Reaction score
Hi to everyone on here as im new to the forum.
After tiling on major house building new build sites for the last 7 years ive fallen back into more domestic work and out of the loop where prices are concerned.
I’ve been asked to tile a bathroom and Ensuite in hexagon tiles 200x240 on the walls full height to the whole room.
Does anyone know the going rates tilers are charging for more intricate tiling such as Hexagon, patterned, Herringbone,mosaic tiles etc.
Any feedback would be welcome and appreciated.

Reaction score
I would say Tilers are charging from £200 - 300 per day, probably more in London.
I've worked with hex tiles before and they are not a quick job!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Would love to see photos of the finished project!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hang on, 200 x 240 hexagonal tiles? They're going to be the same height and width. They're hexagonal.

Time and half at least for these, though actually if they cut well they're not that slow compared to mosaics and they're a million miles easier than geometric stuff.

Kastar UK

Arms
Reaction score
Hang on, 200 x 240 hexagonal tiles? They're going to be the same height and width. They're hexagonal.

Time and half at least for these, though actually if they cut well they're not that slow compared to mosaics and they're a million miles easier than geometric stuff.
I had some hex to do at 23cm x 27cm priced them the same as herringbone £90 sqm

Reply to Please give advice to a Newbie!! in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks