Questions and tiling advice in the US Tile Forum - US Tile Forum | A Tile Setters and DIY Tile Installers Forum for those who reside in the United States of America. Whilst most of our forums and categories are suitable for advice globally, there are some locally-related rules, regulations and even laws that might be more suitable if discussed in this USA Tile Forum..

Some popular forums: UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice - Tile Adhesives Advice | Which Tile Adhesive to use - Tiling Tools Advice | Best Tile Cutters

Normal Threads
I can help you gain control of th3 following devices,emails,watsapp,DMV clearance,iPhone cloning& all social media passwords(fb,ig,sc,Twitte etc) within 6 hours. Want to UPGRADE your school results? DM on Telgram(ghsinc) chat me +14 4277737 19
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Happy Thanksgiving! I am a general contractor in South Florida and have a new crew installing a patio floor. Note the patio floor has uneven terrazzo, at ton of prep work needed, definitely not a easy job. One layer of terrazzo on top of another. 90% of the top layer was...
Replies
Views
Looking for Canyon Espresso 13x13 discontinued Lowe’s tile - need 6.5x6.5, also maybe a dozen of each
Replies
Views
Jeff Reynolds
J
We are using same 24x12 tile in shower surround and bathroom floor. We are setting shower walls in a horizontal subway pattern. The shower floor itself is penny tile. For the bathroom floors, I was thinking of running tiles the length of the bathroom but this would be perpendicular to those...
Replies
Views
I want to install this marble pencil trim ON TOP of the existing shower floor tile. Can I use an adhesive like liquid nails to do this or will it not form a waterproof bond correctly? Just looking for a fast and easy way. Thanks!
Replies
Views
Looking for Crossville 18x18 VS100 Almond Strong Series. I need 3 tile would would buy a full bot if I need to. Thanks
Replies
Views
This material has been discontinued, supplier shipped 5 cts of wrong color and need to replace to finish job.
Replies
Views
Greetings All, appreciate the expertise existing in this forum. I am a home remodeler, not a professional, but have done 4 homes completely down to the studs, including many many square feet of tiling floors, wall, ceiling, bathroom. I have a very difficult problem to diagnose. I have a...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for 12x12 Daltile product Mardi Gras or Cobblestone
Replies
Views
I have part completed shower stall with a partial Schluter kerdi membrane install on the floor. Can I pour Levelquick over the Kerdi? Then new Kerdi on top? It seems the slop to the drain is too steep and I want to reduce it to 1/8" per foot. The shower is 78" by 48" if that matters
Replies
Views
Hello, I recently purchased polished hexagonal 3in mosaic. I have tile cut and ready for setting but I just realized that I bought polished... and it's in a shower floor. So my issue is what to do about grout ?? Sanded is better but how bad will it scratch it? Any input on what to do would be...
Replies
Views
In search of Emser Piazza Castello 13x13 tile. 20 Square Feet needed
Replies
Views
I have an object in way, I will send pictures if I figure out how. So far removing old stuff. I know I have to put down plywood(outdoor grade) then hardiebacker but wondered I'd schlueter is better. Have liquid water proof to use too. Got that for walls but have plenty. Where to start? If I need...
Replies
Views
D
I have installed a Riva subway wall tile in two large showers. 5/8" sheetrock, paper, chicken wire, floated tile installed with Ardex x4 thinset. Tile are without grout joints, lug on lug. I have hairline cracking under the glazing. I can see it but really cannot feel it through the glazing...
Replies
Views
Dimensional 12 remember
D
Hi everyone. First time poster and tile diy. Thanks in advance for any and all help, tidbits, and words of wisdom on my project. I'm renovating an original 1957 bathroom in west Hartford ct. In order to place hardiebacker / cement board properly juuuust over the lip, I have had to add...
Replies
Views
In order to deal upfront with the probable criticisms: 1. I am over 72 2. I am female 3. I weigh less than 110 lbs 4. I am under 5 ft. short. 5. I have only 1 arm with a hand on it 6. Therefore, I can only pick up one piece of 1/4" cement backer board. I cannot pick up 1/2" as it is too heavy...
Replies
Views
HI, Walls are prepped, have the right materials and tools, but still debating the layout on edges. There are three groups of mockups for the tile layouts at the cabinet ends below. I would really appreciate some input for which method is advisable and why? Most look good to me. I feel the...
Replies
Views
Legend serena noce 20x20 porcelain tile - 200 sq ft =/- ....... trying to locate .... believe these were imported from spain
Replies
Views
I would like to install slate tile on the hallway and foyer (blue rectangles) of my house. However, I don't think the framing in the hallway meets the L/720 deflection necessary for natural stone. So I was hoping I could get some advice and opinion on fixes and feasibility of such a project...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am in search of a recently discontinued glass tile from Jeffrey Court! Does anyone know where I could find even one unit?
Replies
Views
Details: Style Selections Sienna Almond Glazed Porcelain Tile Item Number: 0239480 Shading: 50k Model #PORS12A Lowes Product #3195365 UPC 094671008502 Anybody have a lead on this tile? Thanks in advance!
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There are a few hundred tiles to fix... not all of them... This project has been delayed for years and much has been put into it.. and now this. Why give in now. I plan on fixing the tiles I have not...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for Florida Tile Gallant Series Botticino Classico. Can anyone help? Please? Thank you!
Replies
Views
I was supposed to have a concrete floor finish so I have a contemporary floor look. The contractor did a very poor quality job and I realized I need to cover all the problems with something, so we decided to tile over it. The floor has a water based chemical resistant urethane sealant and I have...
Replies
Views
I have a finished floor 3.5 inches thick. I am trying to figure out the mud bed for a front zero clearence entry shower for my wife that in a wheelchair. How thick should the back wall dry mud pack boarder should be. Before slopping to the front linear drain.
Replies
Views
DIYer here. I am tiling a shower and has been going pretty well, but I have an issue I have run in to. I have been aiming for 1/8 in grout lines but due to slight variability have ended up with most being 1/8 inch as I hoped, but some variance down to 1/16th and some up to 3/16. Since 1/8in is...
Replies
Views
Proper drain fitting material for hot mop application. Does PVC or ABS work best? What's your recommendation? The fitting I found has a bolt on flange for waterproof membranes. I'm pretty sure that isn't the right one.
Replies
Views
I work in an architectural office and we completed an elementary school over the summer. We have an issue in the commercial kitchen where the black furan grout is fading to gray and white. The tile in question was a thickset application using products from a major US manufacturer. We thought...
Replies
Views
My new (1 month old) shower floor has 2" porcelain hexagon tiles. I noticed the grout stayed wet much longer in each bottom corner of the wall that is across from the shower head . About 4" of floor corner grout - both directions in 2 corners , and around the single tiles that are adjacent to...
Replies
Views
Your local cement contractor serving the entire Chicagoland area. We specialize in concrete installation, concrete replacement and concrete repair! If you are looking for a concrete contractor look no further and call today! 847-250-4497
Replies
Views
Need a cement contractor or concrete contractor in your area? Our most popular Concrete Contractor services are driveways, patios, stoop replacement, chimney install/replacement, and garage / basement floor repair.
Replies
Views
The #1 Concrete Contractor in the Chicagoland area. Specializing in concrete foundations, concrete walls, concrete patios, concrete driveways, and more! Ask us about our concrete repair pricing.
Replies
Views
Hi, Hopefully you can answer this question, as I am completely stumped. I built a outdoor pool bath (fully enclosed structure) and applied the backer board, red guard and prepared the area accordingly. After completing the wall tiles using the versa bond for large format tiles (8x15) I noticed...
Replies
Views
Hello to the forum! Am a homeowner and DIY tiler frustrated by my inability to find a discontinued tile, so am turning to you all. A plumbing issue in kitchen forced us to break apart several tiles, more than i had in reserve. Tile is American Olean porcelain, 13 x 13, sienna brown (although...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've put down quite a bit of tile over the years but always worked with backerboard. I'm renovating a house in Florida (first one in Florida) that was built in 1996. It's concrete slab foundation and the tile was laid directly on the slab with what appears to be basic thinset. When I was...
Replies
Views
I’m torn on which pattern to use. They are 1x2s for the floor and walls. Seems like simple horizontal stack will be simple and easy to line up floor and wall vertical grout lines. But also considering 1/3 offset patterns. Will repeat or assending offsets look too busy? I don’t know if its...
Replies
Views
To be honest, when I registered, I did not notice that the forum is in the UK. I had a question about tiling our backyard patio and roads. I myself live in Florida, but I will go to my mother in Colorado where temperatures are completely different and I understand that there may be problems with...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have all the tile I need and the materials to redo my bathroom shower. This is my first time tiling and I have already completed the shower floor. I need help\advice on how to lay the tile on the shower wall. I am using 12 x 24 inch tiles with 1/8 inch grout lines. My shower wall...
Replies
Views
M
I tiled my sister's shower with subway tile but due to movement in the floor underneath the grout all crumbles were the tile meets the tub. I spent quite a bit of time trying to brace up the floor and walls and she's had people in there before to Jack up the house and brace everything. At...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Tiling Courses
Workwear for Tradesmen
Mapei Tile Adhesive and Grout
uHeat
The Wetroom Store for all Wetroom Installations
Nicobond Tile Adhesives and Grout

Latest 10