Discuss Prep advice on block and beam floor in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, after some advice, doing some renovations at a house we’ve just moved into. Knocked kitchen/diner into 1 room, took the tiles up from the existing kitchen and there appears to be a hump in the concrete screed, it’s a block and beam floor, put level on the highest point and there’s 6mm gap either end of the level. There’s a few hairline cracks too. It’s approx 6.5m x 3.6m.

We have got some 800x800 porcelain tiles to lay

Question is what’s the best self levelling to use to get it all flat, and what shall I do about the cracks? I’m sure they’ll be finished moving now as the house is 8.5 years old.

Thanks.

Reply to Prep advice on block and beam floor in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks