Search the forum,

Discuss Prep advice on block and beam floor in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, after some advice, doing some renovations at a house we’ve just moved into. Knocked kitchen/diner into 1 room, took the tiles up from the existing kitchen and there appears to be a hump in the concrete screed, it’s a block and beam floor, put level on the highest point and there’s 6mm gap either end of the level. There’s a few hairline cracks too. It’s approx 6.5m x 3.6m.

We have got some 800x800 porcelain tiles to lay

Question is what’s the best self levelling to use to get it all flat, and what shall I do about the cracks? I’m sure they’ll be finished moving now as the house is 8.5 years old.

Thanks.

Reply to Prep advice on block and beam floor in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen