Discuss Hi Guys My Introduction and my Query in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Introduction time to this great forum.

My name is David Alp, and have joined this site to try to get some help and advice regarding my "Beige" White Floor Tiles which I bought in August 2020 (during the covid Pandemic) from "Topps Tiles" in Thurmaston Leicestershire. If you remember during the SUMMER of 2020 the lockdown rules were lightened and were not strict due to the fresh air and windows being able to be left open. Hence the work was legally done in about the first week in August 2020. My photo's are dated August 1st 2020.

I got a local company to lay down the tiles and this company was recommended to me via TOPPS TILES. I thought they did a WONDERFUL job, but I am getting more and more concerned about the equally spaced black lines appearing on just a few of the tiles.

So since then I LOVED my tiles, however over the past few months some of the tiles are starting to develop 2 very distinct grey fuzzy vertical lines - equally spaced out ? Why would this be? What is happening? Does anyone know? And what should I do?

I have approx 83 tiles and each tiles measures 60cm x 60cm.

They cost a lot of money, so what should I do ?

The first 5 pictures show how they appeared in August 2020.

The final pic shows how some (NOT ALL) of the tiles appear now -- only 2.5 years later..

Thank you very much everyone
David Alp

Attachments

• Tile 1.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Tile 2.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Tile 3.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Tile 4.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Tile 5.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 21
  • Tile 6.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 21

bsc ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
the mistake you made was going to topps. the tilers look like they did a nice job
but it looks like a defect in the tile prob in the firing. you could ask topps to take a
look but dont hold your breath

Reply to Hi Guys My Introduction and my Query in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks