Discuss Introduction and “issue” in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Whydiy

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part!
Based in SE London. Been trading for nearly 30 years, still learning…
So, i am building a wetroom using a jackoboard former (like Wedi) the floor tiles are 150x150 9mm porcelain. They are cut ‘back of an envelope’ style. My issue is I think I may have too much lippage on a couple or three tiles which may cause pooling. I wont know for sure until I grout on Monday but ahead of a potential b@llache my question is, is it possible to remove tiles from cement faced board? I feel that it would tear off the cement face and if so would an acrylic primer allow the adhesive to bond to the exposed core. After all the cement face was bonded originally, no? (Can you hear the slightly whiney pleading)?
I have an angle grinder shroud with a depth stop so I can cut multiple slits down into the adhesive and break out the strips or alternatively cut a square out of the centre of the tile and get a multitool into the adhesive around the remaining edge, I hope.
Id like to have an answer, good or bad, for the client, likely Tuesday morning when the grout has set.
Any thoughts? and thanks in advance for you time and opinion.

Reaction score
If you know it’s not right, remove the tiles now before grouting and go it again.
With multiple cuts you should be able to get a tile off - adhesive is “green” for a while so sooner the better.

Reply to Introduction and “issue” in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks