Search the forum,

Discuss Introduction and “issue” in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Whydiy

-
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part!
Based in SE London. Been trading for nearly 30 years, still learning…
So, i am building a wetroom using a jackoboard former (like Wedi) the floor tiles are 150x150 9mm porcelain. They are cut ‘back of an envelope’ style. My issue is I think I may have too much lippage on a couple or three tiles which may cause pooling. I wont know for sure until I grout on Monday but ahead of a potential b@llache my question is, is it possible to remove tiles from cement faced board? I feel that it would tear off the cement face and if so would an acrylic primer allow the adhesive to bond to the exposed core. After all the cement face was bonded originally, no? (Can you hear the slightly whiney pleading)?
I have an angle grinder shroud with a depth stop so I can cut multiple slits down into the adhesive and break out the strips or alternatively cut a square out of the centre of the tile and get a multitool into the adhesive around the remaining edge, I hope.
Id like to have an answer, good or bad, for the client, likely Tuesday morning when the grout has set.
Any thoughts? and thanks in advance for you time and opinion.

Reaction score
If you know it’s not right, remove the tiles now before grouting and go it again.
With multiple cuts you should be able to get a tile off - adhesive is “green” for a while so sooner the better.

Reply to Introduction and “issue” in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen