Questions and tiling advice in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile - Main DIY Tiling Forum How to tile wall and floor, how to tile bathrooms, how to tile kitchen splashbacks, how to find the starting point for tiling. All discussed in this DIY tiling advice forum. Tiling Advice for DIY tilers. UK Tiling Advice Forums..

Some popular forums: UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice - Tile Adhesives Advice | Which Tile Adhesive to use - Tiling Tools Advice | Best Tile Cutters

Normal Threads
How many leveling clips and wedges would you recommend per tile and what sort of gap would you leave between clips...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
I am planning to tile over tile in a half-tiled cloakroom to cut down on mess and effort. This means I will have to...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Hi all, Doing my first DIY bathroom tiling job, just a 2x3m space, but have run into an issue with primer... One...
Replies
Views
All advertising can be removed by subscribing.
This ad should no cover content, please click this contact us with a screen print if it does.
Hi all, new to this forum and looking for advice / reassurance. I'm getting my hallway tiled and it's an old...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Im wanting to lay underfloor heating mesh and then tile in a bathroom. Currently there are old rank floorboards...
Replies
Views
Hi PCS_Support_Rep
H
  • Question
Hi Ive recently embarked on a mental mission to tile my bathroom despite no prior experience. I’ve tried my best to...
Replies
Views
This ad should no cover content, please click this contact us with a screen print if it does.
  • Question
Hi I’m a total beginner. I had a builder fit some laminate in dining room and while he did that he noticed we had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I am going to be tiling the walls in our cloakroom, approx 6m2. Tiles are 400x250x8 ceramic. Can anyone...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I'm not sure about the best preparation to tile over an area that has both wooden floor and concrete (with...
Replies
Views
Amelie
A
H
  • Question
Howdy all. Wonder if you can help with a question about sealing a DIY SLC job before tiling it. A professional...
Replies
Views
Maggs LT
M
  • Question
Hi I've recently built a roof terrace at the end of a loft extension, its around 8m2 I built the roof using 7"...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, Have a question about how/when best to install tile trim - probably quite basic! One of my walls has a 5...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Posted a couple of times for advice a few weeks back, the outcome of which was to scrap my plan to tile over the old...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I've been a frequent visitor to this site and found the info useful in getting me to the stage i am at now in my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, Got a couple of mirrors I'll be tiling around. Is it best to fit the mirrors to the walls first, then fit...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Do I SBR over such before laying ditra then tiling? Have some bostik cementone so was going to prime it? How...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello all, Joined the forum to hopefully read and pick up advice on tackling some home tiling. Before I browse...
Replies
Views
  • Question
On the diagram the width of tiles equates to 2m for both the rows marked 1 & 2. Row 1 has 6 grout lines Row 2 has 4...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
I’ve just had my bathroom renovated by a chap recommended by my neighbour.Firstly he quoted by day abs said it would...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, DIY help needed. Very large 6mm thick tiles. Some years ago, I salvaged some large 6mm tiles which were...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Trying to figure out the best approach to laying a heated penny floor (1” tile) in my basement bathroom. The space...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, I am planning to perform my first tile DIY project and I have few questions regarding adhesive...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys -- need some aesthetic advice here. I'm tiling a wall in my small bathroom with subway tiles (75x150mm). One...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi guys, in regards to adhesive - is there any advantages of having the adhesive a bit wetter than what is advised...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all I am just about to install a shower but need to extend the current tiles to the ceiling (currently has 4...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, first time tilling with Metro tiles brick patten & have few questions to tilers. 1. Do you cut the shamfur...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I've got a large gap behind the radiator in the bathroom where the tiles and plasterboard were removed to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tiling a 900 square cubical (three walls and a pivot door). Tiles are 600 x 300. Should I start with a 600, then 300...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The previous owners had a bathroom boxin tiled onto ply. On day 1 of moving in I had them off as they were hanging...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Should I use spacers and anti-lippage system inserts when I cut/layout my floor tiles? I ask, having just finished...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I everyone. I have just had a wall re-plastered in my bathroom, using lime plaster. The house is Victorian and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. I hope you're well. I am going to be installing some 300 x 600 on walls and 600 x 600 on floor. Now I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. It's been a while since I have completed any tiling and will be doing some basin splashbacks with 9mm thick...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Not strictly a DIYer but have come to learn a bit about tiling over the last few weeks. We had a large open...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’m about to tile a small bathroom floor with 20cm porcelain tiles on a very solid floor overlaid with 12mm WBP...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I am currently looking at tiling an area of 43sq.m. 25sq.m is on screed with wet system UFH incorporated, which...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This is a proper newbie question. I've tried to find the answer already provided on the forum but can't! Is the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Morning all, I have been looking through the forum for a post which offers a similar situation to mine but failing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
This might have already been asked/answered so I apologize in advance. I'm tiling over a coffee table that I built...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Are there any recommended tiling courses in the East Sussex area that still exist? I have been searching and all...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question

Latest Post