Questions and tiling advice in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile - Main DIY Tiling Forum How to tile wall and floor, how to tile bathrooms, how to tile kitchen splashbacks, how to find the starting point for tiling. All discussed in this DIY tiling advice forum. Tiling Advice for DIY tilers. UK Tiling Advice Forums..

Some popular forums: UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice - Tile Adhesives Advice | Which Tile Adhesive to use - Tiling Tools Advice | Best Tile Cutters

Normal Threads
S
  • Question
Hi All, need to tile a small splashback (using 10x10 tiles) roughly 60cm wide x 50cm high on the wall behind my...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm. Here's a link to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tiling an18 mm ply floor with wet ufh under ply any recommendations thx
Replies
Views
All advertising can be removed by subscribing.
This ad should no cover content, please click this contact us with a screen print if it does.
OK lads, having a right mare here. Re-doing a bathroom, shower etc. Have boarded the shower with multipro and...
Replies
Views
I am planning to lay 600mm x 600mm x 20mm slate on to an anhydrite screed. It is a very thick tile! I was not...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have to replace a handful of quarry tiles on a cement based kitchen floor. I guess a long time ago these...
Replies
Views
This ad should no cover content, please click this contact us with a screen print if it does.
Hi, I am at a complete standstill, just cant get my head around the corner joint I need to do in the window reveal...
Replies
Views
Hello. Have just taken delivery of our pale limestone tiles (tumbled, cream/beige) and am fitting them myself (have...
Replies
Views
I’ve got some white adhesive residue stuck to the surface of black slate effect tiles. Give them a wipe with a damp...
Replies
Views
Hi, we are having a worktop fitted and have been asked how thick to make the upstand. We are tiling above the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, new to the forum, I have read previous advice about tiling into an internal corner using Metro tiles. I...
Replies
Views
I am about to tile a splashback having put the job off for a few months (much to my wife's annoyance) As you walk...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm about to do my first ever tiling job on my home. Small fireplace hearth, not for a real fire, one of...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I just received a delivery of my pallet of tiles. I have 2 days to inspect them for damage. Am I OK to...
Replies
Views
Hello. First time tiler looking for some advice. Doing a bathroom reno and had a professional tiler booked in to tie...
Replies
Views
I’ve tanked a the bathroom walls with Mapei showerproofing kit and I’ve installed a shower tray. The walls are all...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, Not a large amount of experience tiling but I did a respectable job on a kitchen backsplash with metro...
Replies
Views
Is it ok to butt the tile up against the bottom of the window sill to keep the tile height with the piping on h...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am going to be filing around a window which is very close (about 70mm to the adjacent wall. That wall next to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have done a bit of tiling before but I will be tiling our shower room soon and we have a 800 x 800 quadrant...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon all. I'm am a complete beginner to the tiling game and have decided to give it a go for once. It's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, i hope someone can give me some advice please. I’m planning on tiling our bathroom walls when we renovate it...
Replies
Views
Is there a preferred technique to raise the trim tiles to the same level of the regular tiles other than just...
Replies
Views
Hi, DIY home owner here in need of advice. Following a waste pipe leak that's now been fixed, I'm renovating my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi everyone, just finished tiling on my diy bathroom project but come across problem with seal between 2 different...
Replies
Views
Vyper39
V
Hello, I've started refurbishing my ensuite and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the number of options available for floor...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
A quick question please.....Do I use silicone or grout on the joints between tile and aluminium L shaped trim around...
Replies
Views
Marsey
M
Hello all - recent joiner and past lurker. Having given up trying to find tilers for my kitchen walls (job too...
Replies
Views
Need some advice on a wetroom repair. Tiler installed the tile trim too close to all the edges of the door frame...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Hi I’m looking for some advice regarding some limestone floor tiles we are laying. They are coming up with water...
Replies
Views
D Steenson
D
Hi All, Not strictly a tiling question, but thought you guys would know! :) Having successfully completed my...
Replies
Views
Hi I’ve removed old tiles in my house and there is the old adhesive behind it. In some cases it fell off when I...
Replies
Views
Hi we have just had an old sandstone patio ripped up and a new porcelain one will be put down. The person doing the...
Replies
Views
Harvey
H
Hello I've trawled forums and read the Mapei Primer G packaging etc but not sure I've got 100% comfort on this one...
Replies
Views
Thanks to this forum and my research, the following is what I am going to use for my concrete garage floor. Please...
Replies
Views
I'm looking to renovate the bathroom after leaving it for some time since we moved in. Currently there is a very...
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
Hi, my kitchen was tiled a year ago but stupidly at the time I did not add any tile trim. I want to tidy it up now...
Replies
Views
Sarah hillson
S
  • Question
My daughter wants her kitchen, hall and WC, which is currently Amtico, to be replaced with high gloss ceramic tiles...
Replies
Views
Pauline Grant
P
  • Question
Hi Everyone! New to tiling so probably the easiest questions you’ll be asked but… I have a downstairs toilet and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have to tile an area abovr the bath which will be a shower enclosure. Some of the plaster I've had to knock...
Replies
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
This website is hosted and managed by Untold Media. Creating content since 2001.

Latest Post