Discuss Tiling onto Ply, can it be a success? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
6mm for me with those mats for full coverage.

Am I reading this right, you have put ply over an anhydrite screed with ufh?
I thought that bud why fit ply over the screed ? It is such a poor conductor of heat and is a laminated product any moisture in there will result in failure of the floor there are far better options. Kop

AD1

TF
Reaction score
The Screed is between the joists and not load bearing. It is supported by the insulation underneath. The 18mm ply is the structural load bearing floor and although it does insulate, it doesn't make the system ineffective and requires the flow rate to be slightly higher than a screed floor.

After living with it for a year I can say I'm impressed with the efficiency and performance and I must say I was sceptical before installing it.

O

On one

Somewhere along the line it sound like you are going to have an edge of your 18mm plywood that won't be mechanical fixed down to the joists(in between the joists) Ditra will only accommodate lateral movement, not vertical movement.

AD1

TF
Reaction score
Would Ultimate s2 be any good for setting ceramic wall tiles?

Just thinking I could use it up elsewhere.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Reply to Tiling onto Ply, can it be a success? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks