Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling onto Ply, can it be a success? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I have read a lot of conflicting opinions on using S2 over Ditra. I decided to go with Ultimate S2 as I read US and UK specs are different and S2 is suitable according to UK spec.

I’m afraid you are mistaken. An S2 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is NOT suitable if you follow schluters guideline.
They WILL NOT honour any guarantees.

O

Old Mod

... and to be honest, you’ll struggle to use Ultimate and not throw most away.
And to use that over top of Ditra, you’ll be lucky to return 3m2 a bag.
You’re looking at approx 15 bags to be sure you have enough.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
What’s the reason for S2 being unsuitable?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Ah, you live and learn.

OP
A

AD1

TF
Reaction score
So ... unfortunately I can't take the Ultimate S2 back. I understand using this could result in a failed floor. But what's the chances? ..

Is it worth the risk?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I would but it’s finding the time!

O

Old Mod

So ... unfortunately I can't take the Ultimate S2 back. I understand using this could result in a failed floor. But what's the chances? ..

Is it worth the risk?

What’s your reasoning for wanting to continue to use it Adam?
It’ll be difficult for you to use.
You’ll be throwing away a substantial refund, and if it fails it’ll cost you double.
It’s the wrong https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ according to Schluter.

I personally find it difficult to argue against.

If the store recommended the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, it’ll be obliged to refund you, I’m sure.
It’s not fit for purpose

O

Old Mod

I would but it’s finding the time!
You arrive tea time first day, meet and greet and dinner nearby.
Browns restaurant I believe it is now. (Trendy Gin bar) good food good company.
9 o’clock start next day, finish at 4.
Whatwas that about not having the time?

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I agree with the above, I use it on all my timber floors and it’s a right pain to use.
You have to be quick and work very cleanly as it’s a pain to get off areas you don’t want it when it’s set.

F

Flintstone

It's very un- user friendly and gloopy and it's consistency changes loads as you use it. Serously, take it back to the shop!

J

J Sid

if you insist on using the S2 send Schluter an email to get confirmation that it suitable and will not invalidate your warranty.
I totally agree with @3_fall and have been told it can't be used.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score

Reply to Tiling onto Ply, can it be a success? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock