UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss What's your daily grinder in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
F

Flintstone

What's your everyday grinder for cutting ? I have a bosch but the cord is driving me mad it's so rigid, not sure if it's getting more rigid as time goes on! I have a variable which has a lovely supple cord, so I bought the same model but none variable from PTT and that's got a normal cord on it.

UK Pro Tiling Training

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
259 3
What's your everyday grinder for cutting ? I have a bosch but the cord is driving me mad it's so rigid, not sure if it's getting more rigid as time goes on! I have a variable which has a lovely supple cord, so I bought the same model but none variable from PTT and that's got a normal cord on it.
The variable one from Bosch is my daily go to.. good feel to it I find

Q

Qwerty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Corded Makita is mine but I'm going cordless soon

F

Flintstone

I did think about changing the flex cable, not sure how straight forward that is. Might end up buying another variable Bosch instead. What's your cutting grinder @3_fall you must have similar issues with the cable !

O

Old Mod

I keep my grinders warm in bed with me at night Andy. :p Don’t get cold power leads then.
But if I was to find it an issue, I’d use my cordless metabo, which is brushless :D

O

Old Mod

I did think about changing the flex cable, not sure how straight forward that is!
It’s actually very easy Andy, two screws hold back cover on, and you have direct access to the power connection.

hmtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,824 33
Day to day I use a cordless bl makita. I've a variable speed bosch which has a curved wheel on and my oldest grinder which gets used on thick stone, grinding down floors and general abuse is a green bosch! A £40 throwaway from b&q about 8 years ago!

W

Waluigi

90% of the time it’s the cordless Bosch.

S

Spare Tool

5AH Cordless Makita, infact you've just reminded me I've left it out under workbench..bugger!!!

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
13,491 37
Hilti corded for heavy work but more and more recently I’m preferring the versatility of my cordless Metabo which I’ve had for years. I have to say I don’t miss the restriction of the bloody cords and it’s surprising how well it performs against a corded grinder and it’s slim design is another big plus.

F

Flintstone

I've been contemplating the DeWalt brushless cordless for some time , perhaps it's time !

W

Waluigi

Do you not have a Cordless Grinder, LocalTiler?

F

Flintstone

No i don't have one

W

Waluigi

You looking at the flexvolt?

Honestly, you’ll be blown away with how good they are.

W

Waluigi

Brushless, it’ll be really good. Could be lighter than the flexvolt too.

F

Flintstone

I'm a Yorkshire man, and it's difficult to part with the money, that's why it's been on my watch list for months !

D

Dumbo

Cordless Makita , variable speed Makita , fixed speed dewalt ( noisier unit than others ) also 110 v Makita

D

Dumbo

Makes sense to get grinder to suit your batteries

B

Bill

I don't like cordless grinders as I feel the weight is all wrong. Too much away from the business end.

Maybe it is a generation thing and all I have to do is get used to it but why would I need to when the corded ones are so well balanced?

O

One Day

Makita corded variable speed 115mm and Makita 18v brushless variable speed.

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
13,491 37
I don't like cordless grinders as I feel the weight is all wrong. Too much away from the business end.

Maybe it is a generation thing and all I have to do is get used to it but why would I need to when the corded ones are so well balanced?
The Metabo allows you to rotate the battery to any position to help meet your balance preferences but tbh after a short while the balance issue that you’re taking about (which I do understand) isn’t really there imo.

O

One Day

Anyone?
41eIvlEijQL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Reply to What's your daily grinder in the Tile Cutters and Tiling Tools area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters | Large Format Cutters and Tools

Click here to support the forum/remove ads

Thanks for visiting TilersForums.com, we hope you find the tiling tools you're looking for. You're welcome to post a new thread yourself asking where the best place is to find the tool or cutter. Our forum members will do their best too find the best tool supplier for you, with the cheapest prices.

Finding Tile Cutters such as Rubi, Sigma, Riamondi and Montolit at the cheapest prices is one of the best investments you can make. The cutters you use will last for years, if not decades. So it's important you buy the right rail cutter or wet cutter right from the start, at the lowest possible price.

We also have a Electricians Forums and Electricians Tools advice. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.