Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

PJPro

It was this one - AQUAESTIL HUDSON 1700 X 700 AQUAMAX BATH available at Bathroom City

23-049.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

Yep, me too.. tile to the bath.. The bath will have a chamfered edge and tiling the wall first will mean when the bath is put into place you will have a rather large silicone joint from bath edge to wall, if you get my drift..

S

SnipSnap

Hi PJ,
Check the walls for squareness when you fit the bath. It is sometimes needed to inset the bath into the wall (slightly) to overcome wide joints (either in the corner or at the bath extremities), or if the roll on the bath is a little excessive. One thing to watch out for though, if you need to inset the bath, make sure that you will have full access to the taps as sometimes the taps can get too close to the tiling surface.

D

DHTiling

Hi PJ,
Check the walls for squareness when you fit the bath. It is sometimes needed to inset the bath into the wall (slightly) to overcome wide joints (either in the corner or at the bath extremities), or if the roll on the bath is a little excessive. One thing to watch out for though, if you need to inset the bath, make sure that you will have full access to the taps as sometimes the taps can get too close to the tiling surface.

Now then stranger..:)

P

PJPro

The taps are actually wall hung to take advantage of the wet wall. So the position of the bath won't affect them.

P

PJPro

Still maing progress but it is slow, slow, slow. I've been diverted off onto other things like buying doors, handles, locks, etc.

A couple of the doors were fitted today. Unfortunately, when they fitted the skirting they managed to put a nail through a pipe causing a leak. :-(

I went for these doors from Wickes.
Denham-4-Panel-Door_large.jpg
Arrived next day and look much better in the flesh than in the picture.

The stairs are now complete.

As far as the bathroom, the hardibacker is on the wet wall. The feature tiles (a work around to avoid slithers) have been sealed and are ready to lay. I just need to catch up on some silicone in the expension joints where the tiles meet the walls.

D

DHTiling

Nice doors.

We really appreciate your updates.. looking forward to the finished job and pics..

P

PJPro

Arrrggghhh! My fix for the tile slithers is npt going well! How the hell do you get mosiacs up without making a mess! Damn!

R

Russw77

hi and welcome. i know the feeling of being able to stand back and be proud of what you've done is great but i think this is a job for a pro. You can get all the advice you need on here but there is no substitute for professional experience. hope this helps Russ

S

SnipSnap

put us in the picture and we will try to help. Sometimes you will get a bit of mess if the adhesive is too much. With some finishes you could allow the mosaic to slightly set and then rake the adhesive off and clean off the surface. You should test a small sample before diving in though.

Reply to DIY Tiler - 90 sq m of large format porcelaine tiling making me nervous! in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks