Discuss British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

I'm not on twitter either so please feel free to pass on @Plan Tec Tiling
All of these tile were from the same job, and because there were so many faulty tiles I ran short....had to order more tiles.....more time.....and knock on effect for other trades.

image 1.JPG image 2.JPG image 3.JPG image 4.JPG image 5.JPG image 6.JPG

D

Dumbo

Do you think this might start a trend that the diy sheds b+q ,topps, Homebase,wickes etc might follow

O

One Day

Do you think this might start a trend that the diy sheds b+q ,topps, Homebase,wickes etc might follow

100% no.
Because there is a HUGE market for cheap rubbish, sold as decent.
Especially in the UK where consumers are a little "challenged" differentiating between something nice and shiny, and something that is actually well made. :p

In fact, I would wager that the person who asked for the constructive feedback will be the subject of disciplinary action next week at BCT!

D

Dumbo

100% no.
Because there is a HUGE market for cheap rubbish, sold as decent.
Especially in the UK where consumers are a little "challenged" differentiating between something nice and shiny, and something that is actually well made. :p

In fact, I would wager that the person who asked for the constructive feedback will be the subject of disciplinary action next week at BCT!
Actually wanted press like agree and winner for that post

G

GoneGuy

I have recently tiled a full bathroom walls and floor in bct tiles one feature wall 500x150 plank effect and 500x300 tiles every tile had either a shade variation or size difference up to 4mm and that was in nearly every box.
The tiles are so soft how can they be marketed for floor tiles yet alone suitable for use on underfloor heating.
Also tiles were stated to be 8mm thick bit this is only on the edge as the middle of the tile is more like 10-12mm.
I don’t think I’ve found a single tile that is flat.
And as mentioned the glaze does not cover the entire tile so is subsceptible to water ingress and potential tile failure.
I can honestly say I will never take a job on that includes any type of bct tiles.

T

Tile Shop

You could ask the why the hell they need a fixing method statement from a fixer when it is clearly a glazing issue, even visible on the tiles THAT HAVEN'T BLOODY BEEN FITTED YET!!!!

The love handing out stupid little questionnaires that must be filled out before they even entertain a fault claim. I know because I'm in the middle of two now. Think this is the wake-up call our company needed to bin BCT off completely. We started with them originally when they were "Candy Tiles"..... now some house-builders use them and that is the only thing that has kept us with them. Poor quality and distinctly average customer service.

Q

Qwerty

I'm going to leave this thread open for additional input over the next week so get your say in. I'm going to then publicly post the feedback on Twitter and on my personal social media pages

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've fitted loads of them, definitely not the best tiles in the world, but I would never refuse to fit them, people have budget's and I try to work within them,.
would never brick bond them, and you have to be creative with the spacing , but I enjoy a challenge .!!

Chris Gibbs

TF
Arms
Reaction score
they are totally shocking, and I was embarrassed that they used "British" in their title! its the first time I've felt compelled to contact a manufacturer about the quality of their product.
I have a saying... if you're going do it, do it, if not, don't bother.
I had a 4mm difference from one tile to another! never again... and I would refuse to fit them... don't need it.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Must admit I couldn't careless, I won't fix 'em so not an issue to me.

Reply to British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks