Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Most things made in Britain or for the British Market are of poor quality.

It’s as if the average member of the general public is happy to accept seconds.

People are better than they used to be but generally don’t complain nearly enough. The old British stiff upper lip has gotten Brits nowhere.

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely to change if people keep buying crap products. I have had to fit crap tiles and terrible bathroom suites all made in Britain in the past but nowadays I only spec my own gear and none is made in Britain apart from a few exceptions.

OP
O

One Day

Working in a million pound+ home today and one of the bathrooms had porcelanosa's finest in. Truly awful tile though and the jobs above look miles better.
Just goes to show ...

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
03D57763-BEEE-4F5E-929A-41717EBD0202.jpeg
BCT Ditto light grey tiles this week, this has been a regular thing throughout the 24sqm going in!

jenjen

-
Reaction score
BCT's quality control is abismal to say the least.

I have complained direct on they're FB page and they tried to reply via messenger and not in the post i posted.

The list of faults goes on from planetising like bowls and printing error to tile face and surface bubbling , mass production with what seems little quality control.

One of the biggest issues is sizing of tiles , some can be as much as 3mm i have found , imho its just not acceptable.

But as usual it just falls on deaf ears...
Hi there, I am currently in a dispute with the liquidators of BCT regarding some pallets of matt white tiles that were sent that the sizing was all over the place. I have to get expert opinion on the tiles, but cannot due to lockdown. Would you be able to provide me an expert opinion . . .. assuming you are a "suitably" qualified person. Regards Jenny
[automerge]1588846416[/automerge]
I have recently tiled a full bathroom walls and floor in bct tiles one feature wall 500x150 plank effect and 500x300 tiles every tile had either a shade variation or size difference up to 4mm and that was in nearly every box.
The tiles are so soft how can they be marketed for floor tiles yet alone suitable for use on underfloor heating.
Also tiles were stated to be 8mm thick bit this is only on the edge as the middle of the tile is more like 10-12mm.
I don’t think I’ve found a single tile that is flat.
And as mentioned the glaze does not cover the entire tile so is subsceptible to water ingress and potential tile failure.
I can honestly say I will never take a job on that includes any type of bct tiles.
Hi there, I am currently in a dispute with the liquidators of BCT regarding some pallets of matt white tiles that were sent that the sizing was all over the place. I have to get expert opinion on the tiles, but cannot due to lockdown. Would you be able to provide me an expert opinion . . .. assuming you are a "suitably" qualified person. Regards Jenny

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
[automerge]1588846416[/automerge]

hi jenny , unfortunately they fall within bs5385 uk guidelines on sizing , which is +/- 2mm. Ridiculous ratio compared to other countries who mostly are +/- 0.5 mm.

Reply to British Ceramic Tiles - They actually want our feedback in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock