Discuss I'm Stuck - Wish My Tiles Were in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

My dog's called Trevor

To be frank you are at the point where he has injected the jam, buttered his bed and will have to lay on it.

I would be taking legal advice. The whole job needs ripped out and redone. I know people say where there is a will there is a way but if they are being honest, the time, stress and hassle it is going to cause you will in now way compensate you in the long run for bodging it up and leaving a horrible memory.

This country is ruined by builders who get away with this. If he gets made homeless through going 'bankrupt' then lets hope he gets fined for sleeping on the streets however I suspect he wont, he will just start up again under a different trading name.

Get an email over to DOM !!! catch this slippery sausage out before he does a nash.

Blimey. This has got pulses racing. I think the 'hanging's too good for the bloke' would be a bit far for me - it's not like he's a kiddy-fiddler or anything (although I suppose I feel the same when I hear about bad stuff going on in my line). All the same it's really helpful to have some of these views to support discussions I'm going to be having with him.
Really appreciate the effort and interest shown. Can't believe the passion tilers show for tiling. Not sure that's entirely healthy but God bless all you gents (and ladies?) all the same.
Will post photos in a bit as requested by Dan.
Last thing - what/who is DOM?
Thanks all
Matt

M

My dog's called Trevor

Blimey. This has got pulses racing. I think the 'hanging's too good for the bloke' would be a bit far for me - it's not like he's a kiddy-fiddler or anything (although I suppose I feel the same when I hear about bad stuff going on in my line). All the same it's really helpful to have some of these views to support discussions I'm going to be having with him.
Really appreciate the effort and interest shown. Can't believe the passion tilers show for tiling. Not sure that's entirely healthy but God bless all you gents (and ladies?) all the same.
Will post photos in a bit as requested by Dan.
Last thing - what/who is DOM?
Thanks all
Matt
To be frank you are at the point where he has injected the jam, buttered his bed and will have to lay on it.

I would be taking legal advice. The whole job needs ripped out and redone. I know people say where there is a will there is a way but if they are being honest, the time, stress and hassle it is going to cause you will in now way compensate you in the long run for bodging it up and leaving a horrible memory.

This country is ruined by builders who get away with this. If he gets made homeless through going 'bankrupt' then lets hope he gets fined for sleeping on the streets however I suspect he wont, he will just start up again under a different trading name.

Get an email over to DOM !!! catch this slippery sausage out before he does a nash.

Sorry didn't acknowledge the jam and bread line. Well done
Matt

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry, but this whole **** up is down to the builder and his total lack of experience. No wonder he's saying its a no no to rip the lot out and start again, but we all know, as I suspect you do, that, that is wot is needed, and you won't be happy Until that happens.

The costs involved should be dealt by the builder, which as we all know could take some time, especially if it has/needs to go legal.

M

My dog's called Trevor

Any pictures?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Dan
Keen as mustard - love it
Sorry not long in then was being a bit dim loading the pictures.
As promised some pics - so embarrassed, no-one's tidied up!
First is the dot and dab and UFH cable for everyone's entertainment. Next two are really just cardboard over where the tiles are up. Just shows the extent of the job really - it's a 5m x 5m square with a passageway of one end. 4th is what I'm worried about with end panels which probably have stone stuck to them 5th is the end of the island. Last is showing a tile space with all but the corner dots lifted off the cable and insulation. The genius idea is tile adhesive in the larger space between the corner dots, ridged a bit then Gripfill on the dots. Adjacent tiles not lifted to have foam injected under then as much adhesive pushed under the edge as possible. You probably gathered I'm not crazy about this idea.
Enough said really
Thanks
Matt

W

White Room

Jesus thats awful, squirt whatever you like under the tiles nothing is going to sort that problem.

Reply to I'm Stuck - Wish My Tiles Were in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks