Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tile Shop

Apparently this tiler thought this was an acceptable way to leave a customers bathroom.

When she complained to him, he said it was a problem with the tile as it wasn't flat (I know, I laughed too) and wasn't his fault the grout was stuck to the face. He never came back to clean it, but she still gave in and paid him the full amount.

LTP Grout Stain Remover and White E-Pad sent, SORTED!
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tile Shop

Gotta say, out of all the threads on the forum, this one is my fave..... Haven't laughed so much in ages. I'm no tiler but still think I could do a better job than some of these examples.

O

Old Mod

Hahaha lovely! :)

There is actually a tiling hall of shame somewhere Paul,
but having said that, it may be in the Arms.
I'll have a look see if I can find it.

Nice pics tho!:eek:

What's next course of action?

T

Tile Shop

Builder forks out to do it again i suppose, but waiting to hear back from them. He tried saying the tiles were out of shape. We checked. As far as Terracotta goes, they're almost perfect. actually better than alot of ceramics i've seen.

Customer has said that the floor was never levelled after the previous ones were "Kango'd" up. I've asked her to send some more pictures when they get lifted

Bless 'em.

O

Old Mod

Builder forks out to do it again i suppose, but waiting to hear back from them. He tried saying the tiles were out of shape. We checked. As far as Terracotta goes, they're almost perfect. actually better than alot of ceramics i've seen.

Customer has said that the floor was never levelled after the previous ones were "Kango'd" up. I've asked her to send some more pictures when they get lifted

Bless 'em.

Haha what a mess!
Oh that hall of shame is in the Arms!
Have to see if there's one for the public.
If not, there should be! Haha
Legal issues to be considered obviously!:D

ANDY F

TF
Reaction score
What makes me laugh but annoyed at the same time is whoevers' done these shambles think they'll get away with it and no-one will notice!

B

bcd-87

They were put down in 2008, customer bought the house last March, I found the house on Zoopla and they paid 950k for it, there is approx 300 m2 of tiling all fitted like this, it's only a matter of time before it all fails.

thats awful... some people need beating with bars so soap in towels

T

Tile Shop

So... A chippy went in to repair a wooden floor. Customer asks if he knows any good tilers to do circular mosaics on said floor. Chippy says he could do it, no problem..... Easy he said!!!

IMG_5652.JPG

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks