Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Public Thread!: Poor tile Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
Q

Qwerty

Schluter are one company who do them but they are pricey. Joining is the only way as widler says. Down low is preferred in most cases as not so visible, but I cut mine so they are virtually impossible to see without bending right down and inspecting closely.

Reaction score
I was assuming it was a wet area....but on second look probably not, but if it was I would keep any joins in trims above the likely wet area.

O

On one

202.jpg 203.jpg Yet more from the archives. 2 weeks old and originally condemned on lippage issues. I tried to ease the first tile off and several came off at once.....juggling with tiles anyone!

si.cleary

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Here are a few from the pub close to me. Typical example of checking out the tiles when going to spend a penny!

Attachments

• IMAG2323.jpg
    IMAG2323.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 104

si.cleary

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Last one. Really spoilt my number 1 looking at these! Wanted to start ripping then down there and then!

Attachments

• IMAG2321.jpg
    IMAG2321.jpg
    814.6 KB · Views: 88
OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tile **** at its best.

I tend to find pub loos are getting worse. When it was 6x6 johnsons trade colours and whatnot it was usually not too bad but now they're trying to be a bit posh they screw it up too easy.

Not that I go in much but the weatherpoons near me is pretending its something it isn't and has chrome effect embossed borders that are shockingly cut around half a dozen poorly made boxing in and whatnot.

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock