Discuss Bad Tiling Job? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I found him on Facebook. He has 10 positive reviews and photos of bathrooms he done before. He usually uses a local tiler and that's what I thought I would be getting as part of my job but he told me later he will be tiling. When I questioned it with concern, he assured me he could tile and joked that he is "probably better than the tiler himself"

Would any kind tiler here be prepared to write me a statement or summary of his poor work and email me it with a company logo? I need some professional comments as proof that the work was done poor. I can send you many photos and even a video so you can see everything. If anyone is willing to help me please let me know.

Lewi

-
Reaction score
terrible finish - don‘t pay a penny so at least you‘ll have money to pay for pro tiler to put it right.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Best way forward is get a Local reputable Tiler to make a report with a view of him rectifying ...Then an LBA ( Letter before action).. if he fails to respond go for a CCJ against him .. normally works !!
But within those letters you need to outline what you want by way of settlement be it reimbursement or re-tiling..
Be firm !
Good luck
G.

Lewi

-
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable advice but whilst LBA cost is not exhaustive a report may not be cheap or easy to source. County court costs etc and you could easily be more out of pocket.

Reply to Bad Tiling Job? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks