Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Kitchen floors and white goods. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
If your tile a kitchen floor, would you remove the white goods...... washing machine, fridge freezer, oven....etc ..

O

One Day

Nope. Not anymore.
Used to do. Learned that if I ask in advance, they'll get everything out.
And if I take them out they risk damage and leaks.
I'd rather just tile.

J

J Sid

I always ask customer to remove them, unless they are to old to.
more often then not I'd turn up to find they have not been removed

B

Bill

I add that if I remove the white goods it is extra dosh........ customer 99% of the time, removes them.

S

Spare Tool

Every job different, some no chance... Others just help em out if they need it.. Think I've mentioned before about a small scratch on a stainless worktop end panel taking a range oven out, customer made me buy him a new one, so when it came to putting it back in asked him come out of work to shift it, huffing and puffing he tried to pick it up with the door and it shattered all over the floor... Karma restored!!

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Pulled the handle of an oven once getting it out...

Difficult to do as well if you work on your own, some of them washing machine are very heavy...

O

One Day

Don't tell me you'd see a little old lady without a washing machine or starve to death cuz you didn't push her oven back in :)

Same little old lady would call me back if there's a problem with the decade's old crusty washer on the water inlet or a slight scratch on the cooker that had been there for years.

Let her starve I say!

S

Spare Tool

Same little old lady would call me back if there's a problem with the decade's old crusty washer on the water inlet or a slight scratch on the cooker that had been there for years.

Let her starve I say!
I don't believe you Mark...:)

OP
Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I find the older generation are the one's that get it out without a problem, if they can't do it they get ''auntie Jackie's sister's brother boy" to help them..

It's the younger generation that can't be bothered, looked at a job today, young couple, told them they would have to get the washing machine and fridge freezer out the way, you could clearly see it was beneath them to do it.......or they didn't have a clue....

G

GoneGuy

I politely ask the customer to remove white good prior to tile, if they are struggling or too old I will move them for them.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Slightly different but I started a full kitchen renovation for customer who had gone away for a week and hadn’t bothered clearing any of the cupboards, spent the first half day packing bloody tins of food and cutlery in boxes. :mad::mad::mad:

Reply to Kitchen floors and white goods. in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock