Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Which online retailer is best value? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

dingabell

I need some hardibacker, adhesive, grout and a couple of tanking kits. Struggling to find someone who does all these things for a reasonable price. Would ideally like to get them all from one place to save on the postage, so which best/reasonably priced online store do you recommend?
Many thanks.

nakhodka2002

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi dingabell, from your posts I can see you are in trade. If you are in trade you can go to CTD which stand for ceramic tiles distribution. One shop for all your tiling needs. They have have plenty branches and have good trade prices

D

dingabell

I have got a few cash accounts at various shops. But if I'm working out of my normal area or as is the case now where I haven't got a spare minute to pop in anywhere before my job starts next week, I need to order all the stuff online and have it delivered. I know its not ideal as I'd like to support the independents rather than big online companies, but needs must and all that.

J

johnryan

not sure where you are but if your in london/S.E. lilley tile and stone are very good. next day delivery in london and kent, and very good prices. they do mapei and schluter if you use those. not sure if they deliver to the rest of the country though.

T

TJ Smiler

Oh sorry mate i miss-understood your post I thought cos of the amount you were getting you may as well just pick it up for what you would save online.... I used 'walls and floors' a few weeks back on a job. Were good prices and free fast delivery on orders over £100 anywhere in the UK. They stock BAL at pretty good prices. http://www.wallsandfloors.co.uk/tilinginfo/deliveryinformation/ 01536 314730

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ideally you could do with just spending a day opening a trade account at all the common usual tile suppliers, then use their websites to find the nearest store to where you're going, and order over the phone so it's there to pick up on the way. You'll save quite a bit in delivery and you tend to find their store trade accounts are separate to their online ones so will factor that in the pricing (meaning it's usually still cheaper in store).

D

dingabell

Cheers for the links. Will check them out.
Will definitely spend some time (when I get some) opening some more accounts. I do need to ideally surround myself with accounts so whichever direction I end up heading in, there will always be one en route. The one in my local village doesn't open till 8:30 and shuts at 5pm.
Anyone here lucky enough to start their day at 9:30am or finish at 4pm? Please don't say you do or I'll wonder where I'm going so wrong ;-).

S

Stef

Get yourself a CTD account, they open at 7 bells & you can get free delivery.
I can get 2 deliveries a week from Glasgow & I'm 35 miles away.

A

aphilp

Have you tried Boydens who are based in Surrey.

We buy all our tiling materials from them - next day delivery - We use the Sutton Branch, who provide us with great advice and service. Very good prices on ditra matting and good discounts when Account is established.

Best Wishes

Anne

Reply to Which online retailer is best value? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks