Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss 6" waterproof adhesive membrane tape for niches in shower wall. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Tillly

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

I am hoping to find some help. A false wall has been constructed in my bathroom and two niches have been put into it. The 'wall' has been boarded over with aquapanel cement board and the niches have been constructed with the same. I need to tile the entire bathroom now, but taking it one step at a time, I need to waterproof the niches and also cover the screws and the one corner that meets an outside wall. Having watched many YouTube vids, the way to go seems to be 6" membrane tape, further sealed with a tanking product. Unfortunately, all the videos used 6" tape, but they were all US videos and I can't find any 6" tape. I have tried a couple of Plumbing suppliers, but they didn't do anything like that.

My niches have a depth of almost 4.5 inchs and the widest I can find is approx 5" which is not enough to suitably cover the inside and the outside edge in one go, which means I might have to overlap two pieces. If I am going to do this, I have some memeasy 3" tape, would I be able to use this instead please.

Beyond that, can anybody recommend a decent tanking solution at a reasonable price please? They all seem extortionate and I am doing the bathroom on a budget.

Many thanks.

OP
Tillly

Tillly

-
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I have included a picture of the niches Dan. Did you mean Plasterers scrim 'tape'?

Thanks Dave. I looked at quite a few sites and watched a couple of vids and nowhere could I find the width of the tape, it was only referred to as BE14 and even searching for BE14 did not give me the required information. Utterly frustrating when all specs are not readily available. Thanks anyway.

Attachments

• 20211220_115708.jpg
    20211220_115708.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 14

Reply to 6" waterproof adhesive membrane tape for niches in shower wall. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock