Search the forum,

Discuss Rough Idea Of Fair Price For Tiling/sq M in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Thats tight croft , i had one ring up before, told me "
he wouldnt pay more than £15 m2, none of this £20m2, you would do it in a day and be earning well over £200 a day, no man should be earning that"
Needless to say, i didnt do one for him ;)

I

Ian

Yeah I don't think £25 is unreasonable that's £400 for a 16m floor less £80ish for materials. It'd take me 1.5 days so that's still clearing £200 per day. I charge £17 per metre (labour only) for big floors (ceramic/porcelain) and can easily clear £250+ per day working at a steady speed. When I say big floors, I'm talking 50 m2 and over.

C

cr0ft

Interesting one. One of our businesses USP's is that we undertake tiling, electrical and plumbing work. Particularly for tiling we work out slightly more expensive than a full time tiler as we aren't as fast. But, builders etc get the benefit of using one person for everything which I think is worth a small premium.

Will see what they think shortly as I am sticking to my guns!!

J

J Sid

Its good money
conservatories are a dream to tile if they have flat floors
16m2 tiled and grouted per day should be no problem for a tiler on this type of work
Flat floor Gary, not seen one of those in a conservative for many years

S

StevieBoy

Well it's horses for courses.

You say they are going to level the floor etc, but will it be as good as a flow screed floor finish?

For this, I would charge for priming the floor, then £25 per m2 plus materials nothing less.

Even if it was as good as a flow screed finish, I wouldn't ever tile / grout the same day - but that's just me :)

I also don't buy into the fact that people say, I'll only pay £12 per m2 or something stupid like that, because you'll tile and grout it in a day.

Would they pay extra if it took you 1 or 2 extra days?

I think not.

No need to rush any job.

Reply to Rough Idea Of Fair Price For Tiling/sq M in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen