Search the forum,

Discuss Repair Work In he Pool..Philippine Style! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

In 1978 during those hot dry summers that we used to have , Ardex used Navy divers, X7 white on a tile in a plastic bag and took it down to repair.
Those days of water shortage, hosepipe bans and sharing a bath are sorely missed!

D

Dumbo

Was told by ball years ago you could repair swimming pool with water in by usin
Don't know what happened to post but should read . I was told years ago by bal you could repairs swimming pools with water in by using epoxy grout as an adhesive

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard BAL recommend sticking the tile in a bag and then rip the bag open at the bottom but I guess if it's loads of tiles it's just best change the filter the next day or whatever.

B

Bill

Surely the.pools full of bits of tile and cement after....
We used to have a water vacuum that would suck up the bits of tiles, it wasn't great but it did a decent enough job of capturing the bigger bits then the pool had a time to settle, then a floor sweep was done and hopefully the filtration system did the rest.

The owner of the tile refurb firm became a millionaire, very quickly.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Don't know what happened to post but should read . I was told years ago by bal you could repairs swimming pools with water in by using epoxy grout as an adhesive
That's how I always thought it was done...seems different methods are acceptable and work.. as is this case

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Update.... Back in Blighty now.. Didn't get to see end product ... But what I did see seemed to work...each to their own

Reply to Repair Work In he Pool..Philippine Style! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen