Search the forum,

Discuss Repair Work In he Pool..Philippine Style! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
:cool:Just watching these fellas repairing the tiles in the pool... Interesting way they deal with it..Just used white cement mixed with white grout, knocked up with pool water..but it seems as small repair has turned into a major..Now they have released a few tiles .. more are coming up... know how that feels!!
Hotel maintaince staff dealing with it..They get paid a day rate..try and guess how much??!!
Answers on a postcard..
Check out the pictures... if I can load them.
Video to follow but may be to large to upload..
Carry on working..lol

IMG_9291.JPG IMG_9294.JPG IMG_9295.JPG IMG_9296.JPG IMG_9298.JPG IMG_9300.JPG IMG_9302.JPG IMG_9303.JPG IMG_9316.JPG IMG_9320.JPG IMG_9324.JPG IMG_9325.JPG

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As you can see ... what they do is knock up neat cement/ grout... butter up Tile and then with scuba gear.. just take buttered Tile down ( not much of it seems to emulsify) )..and bang it in place... weight of water holds it in place... cement goes off under water.. job done....

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Surely the.pools full of bits of tile and cement after....
I as watching carefully .. The tiles ( 8x4) were coming up either in a few pieces or whole , they were picking the old residue grout and adhesive up with their hands... There was a bit of "clouding " as they were re-installing ... but I imagine the filtration system will eventually take care of that..I too thought it was a bizarre way of dealing with it... But it must be a tried and tested way and work...

Reply to Repair Work In he Pool..Philippine Style! in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen