Search the forum,

Discuss Red body showing edge of tiles after grouted in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Turkish tiler

These tiles grouted 3 times red body still showing through edges glaze does not fold over seems to edgeHas anyone had problem like this, how did you resolve it ?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 150
Q

Qwerty

That would drive me insane!!! Luckily never had to fix these or encountered this issue.
It doesn't look like the grout has been wiped down too much so clearly a fault with the tile as you say.
Would the grout colorant that tradetiler sell sort it?

T

Turkish tiler

That would drive me insane!!! Luckily never had to fix these or encountered this issue.
It doesn't look like the grout has been wiped down too much so clearly a fault with the tile as you say.
Would the grout colorant that tradetiler sell sort it?

When I grouted third time waited until bone dry as soon as started wiping grout of edges started showing again took me ages to get grout of tile it self
I have tried mapei grout pen, did not work

S

Stef

Turkish I've complained a couple of times with this issue over the years, not had it for a while though.
There is nothing you can do as the glaze doesn't wrap around the tile enough.
I have noticed though that it's only one edge where the glaze has come up short, I can't remember the last tile I had this problem with though.
Could try gloss paint!!!

T

Turkish tiler

Turkish I've complained a couple of times with this issue over the years, not had it for a while though.
There is nothing you can do as the glaze doesn't wrap around the tile enough.
I have noticed though that it's only one edge where the glaze has come up short, I can't remember the last tile I had this problem with though.
Could try gloss paint!!!

Stef It is not only one tile and it is in shower area is well. I have complained to tile shop and manufacturers as always tilers fault sick of it to be honest seems there is no standard bring any s..t and call tile and sell it.
Like you said glaze does not wrap around the edge two Sodexo of the tile ok but other two glaze short red body higher than glaze when I look at tile 180 degree

S

Stef

Stef It is not only one tile and it is in shower area is well. I have complained to tile shop and manufacturers as always tilers fault sick of it to be honest seems there is no standard bring any s..t and call tile and sell it.
Like you said glaze does not wrap around the edge two Sodexo of the tile ok but other two glaze short red body higher than glaze when I look at tile 180 degree

Turkish you know yourself mate only one way to rectify it, rip it out & replace.
It's a pain & good on you for complaining.
When I've had it in the past it's been every tile but got told to fit them so it's down to the site agent etc.

Reaction score
Is the customer okay with it?. (probably not). But if they are , could you not use a sealer on all the grout lines (and therefore the raw edges as well) just to stop any water ingress. Not a good remedy I know but maybe a option. Hope it helps.

Reply to Red body showing edge of tiles after grouted in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen