Discuss Help. Big Clinker spare cutting wheels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jason23

Hi Folks,
Anyone know where I can get a spare cutting wheel for the 610mm Big Clinker. Got the tile cutter from screwfix and its good but I cant find spares anywhere.
The cutting wheel is 22mm and has a sealed bearing on each side of it!

Thanks

Jason

G

Gazzer

CoopersDirect.com - Vitrex 10 0600 Big Clinker Tile Cutter 600mm - Vitrex
Vitrex 10 0602 Wheel (1) For 100600 Tile Cutter - VIT100602 - - GodfreysOnline.com - £3.95 Delivery On All Orders!

You may also find that another make will fit

Or
Try

Vitrex - a Q.E.P. Company

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jason23

Thanks Mate, great stuff.
The QEP number which is 100602 is available at TOPPS under the number 020906 but they charge £12 and have to order them with 7-10 days turnaround.

I will try the link you gave me first.

I took the cutting wheel out of my clinker and there are small dropouts on the wheel here and there. I have used it for maybe 8 tiling jobs.

Does that sound like a long life for a carbide wheel to you?

I suppose it depend what you have been cutting and how much pressure you use.

CHeers

W

waterfd

Just bought a Big Clinker and had difficulty cutting 500 x 500 ceramic floor tiles so ended up using a wet cutter for the rest of the job. Saw QEP at the Tile and Stone show and he suggested the wheel may be bad so he gave me a new one. Good service , haven't tried it yet but from this forum the cutter has a good reputation so maybe I need to practice abit more with it. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong?

Wylie

TF
Reaction score
Just bought a Big Clinker and had difficulty cutting 500 x 500 ceramic floor tiles so ended up using a wet cutter for the rest of the job. Saw QEP at the Tile and Stone show and he suggested the wheel may be bad so he gave me a new one. Good service , haven't tried it yet but from this forum the cutter has a good reputation so maybe I need to practice abit more with it. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I might be doing wrong?

Did you solve your problem cutting the 500x500 i was thinking you could practise on the waste cuttings

E

Eddie

Have just been looking at spare cutting wheels for Big Clinker on Ebay. would have done a link but i dont know how:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

If you click on my signature link ..there is some spare wheels for the clinkers in there...

G

Grace'sDad

Topps sell them - marked as "QEP cutting wheel" - no mention of big clinker on the package though. approx £12 from memory.

W

waterfd

Wylie, I have practiced and found that if I score once the tile does not break cleanly but if I score twice at the begining of the cut I can get a clean cut. Also I read the owners guide (as you should) and it says 'Apply increasing pressure on the handle until the tile snaps along the score line' this seems to work. So no sharp snaping action as this will break the tile. I will get some more tiles to practice with till I am confident.

B

bigneil

i have always had Rubi tile cutters generally don't have any problems, except keope porcelain floor tiles, the ordinary breaking head isn't quite powerful enough and the ts plus breaking head always chips the corner.
The reason i have only ever had rubi is because the old fella who taught me to tile only ever used them.
I'm sure there have probably been numerous threads or poles on 'best cutter' .
I'm off to look for one.

Wylie

TF
Reaction score
Wylie, I have practiced and found that if I score once the tile does not break cleanly but if I score twice at the begining of the cut I can get a clean cut. Also I read the owners guide (as you should) and it says 'Apply increasing pressure on the handle until the tile snaps along the score line' this seems to work. So no sharp snaping action as this will break the tile. I will get some more tiles to practice with till I am confident.

I like the price on the clinker and thought i would go for one myself,with the push you would think it would make the cutting easy,maybe the wheel is skidding,did you try a squirt of silicon oil

W

waterfd

Must say I haven't but did notice when I changed the wheel if you tighten the screw too much the wheel does not revolve easily. This may be a reason. Thanks

Reply to Help. Big Clinker spare cutting wheels in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks