Discuss Floor Tile Edge Profile Height Issue in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
We recently completed the (rectified porcelain) floor tile installation in the bathroom and finished the edge with the trim extrusion we were given when we bought the tiles. At the time i thought the edging profile was a little too high but since i couldn’t find any alternatives available that were any shorter and this seemed to be a “standard” size I assumed it must be correct. We’re at the point now where we need to start the hardwood installation but we’re at a standstill since the more I look at it the more i think, this can’t be right. The “lip” is a little over 1/8” above the floor. Its not extreme but we went to great lengths to ensure the tile height matches the hardwood and we got it pretty much bang on. But this lip sticking up really takes away from the whole flush look. Not to mention its a minor but still potential tripping hazard.

Is there anything i can do here short of ripping up the last row of tiles? I was thinking of using a dremel with a cutting wheel and just remove the vertical section of the edging.

And once its out I could go with a low profile T molding but I’d prefer something less obvious if possible since we did happen to get both materials at almost exactly the same level. I assume the only reason you need anything at all is just to protect the sharp edge of the tile correct?

I’m open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas!

1680113047601.png

Reply to Floor Tile Edge Profile Height Issue in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks