Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Discuss Metro Tile Edge Trim in the America Tile Forum / Advice Board area at TilersForums.com.

UK
Evening,

Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move!

I'm hoping some of you can offer some advice on the best way to edge trim metro tiles. They will be fitted horizontal brick above kitchen worktops, with the top edge and one end edge bordering a painted wall. The top edge will be the as-bought tile, with the bevel against the trim. The end edge will be 1/4 & 3/4 tiles, so a cut end against a trim.

The thickness of the cut tile is 9.5mm. Beveled edge approximately 7mm.

We quite like a square edge trim, but cannot seem to find one in a colour we like greater than 12mm. My theory being that with tile adhesive (3mm?) the total thickness is likely to be 13mm, therefore the edge trim will need to be 15mm, in order to hide the cut edge. This also may look strange against the beveled edge at the top.

Any nicer alternatives to a square edge trim?

Dado tiles are nice, but will not work with the vertical cut edge I do not think.

Any advice you could offer would be greatly received! Thanks, Adam

Reply to Metro Tile Edge Trim in the America Tile Forum / Advice Board area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and first post, after some advice. Recently had the chamber of my fireplace...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for some advice on how to set out my tiles. I think I have a solution but...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views

USA Tile Forum Popular

America Tile Advice Trending

Advertisement

UK
What member type are you?
  1. Homeowner

Thread Information

Title
Metro Tile Edge Trim
Prefix
N/A
Forum
America Tile Forum / Advice Board
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.5%
  • BAL

Votes: 24 28.6%