Discuss Advice needed grout cracked in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Soŕry WalLuigi, no.

Any of you guys used the Mapei colour match sealant in the corners and can you get a good finish/match with grout?

Yep pretty good colour match

61CBD935-94B0-4C45-94E1-036C37D87895.jpeg

T

Time's Ran Out

Now here’s an question!
What did you all do before the colour matched silicone was available?
You see in my opinion the builder did what we used to do - grout the corner and go over the dry grout with a clear or white silicone.
The bigger issue here is why is it cracking so much that it’s become a major concern?
As a tiler, I silicone the corner, fix the tiles, grout, then silicone the tile face again. Always have always will!

Don't be so quick to judge the builder. Silicone is great unless you happen to have RIW tilesafe membrane behind. I would normally leave the internal corner joint free of grout then silicone knowing the silicone would bite nicely into the gap however CCL Wetrooms advise if you use silicone then warranty will be void. Builder may have been following instructions. RIW also advise the same. And that's why I won't use the bitumen style membrane

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Advice needed grout cracked in the Tile Adhesive and Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
We had our kitchen floor tiled in large plank-style porcelain tiles (90cm x 15cm) about 2 years...
Replies
Views

Tile Adhesive Trending Topics

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB