Search the forum,

Discuss Advice needed grout cracked in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Soŕry WalLuigi, no.

Any of you guys used the Mapei colour match sealant in the corners and can you get a good finish/match with grout?

Yep pretty good colour match

61CBD935-94B0-4C45-94E1-036C37D87895.jpeg

I

Ian Barrow

An update - builder been back today but just put silicone over cracked grout, what are the problems, if any, of this?

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It’s wrong. Silicone in corner joints not grout. He’s just covered over the issue. A full silicone joint is better for flex and water sound

T

Time's Ran Out

Now here’s an question!
What did you all do before the colour matched silicone was available?
You see in my opinion the builder did what we used to do - grout the corner and go over the dry grout with a clear or white silicone.
The bigger issue here is why is it cracking so much that it’s become a major concern?
As a tiler, I silicone the corner, fix the tiles, grout, then silicone the tile face again. Always have always will!

jasper

TF
Reaction score
Don't be so quick to judge the builder. Silicone is great unless you happen to have RIW tilesafe membrane behind. I would normally leave the internal corner joint free of grout then silicone knowing the silicone would bite nicely into the gap however CCL Wetrooms advise if you use silicone then warranty will be void. Builder may have been following instructions. RIW also advise the same. And that's why I won't use the bitumen style membrane

Reply to Advice needed grout cracked in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen