Discuss Advice needed grout cracked in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

Now here’s an question!
What did you all do before the colour matched silicone was available?
You see in my opinion the builder did what we used to do - grout the corner and go over the dry grout with a clear or white silicone.
The bigger issue here is why is it cracking so much that it’s become a major concern?
As a tiler, I silicone the corner, fix the tiles, grout, then silicone the tile face again. Always have always will!

jasper

TF
Reaction score
Don't be so quick to judge the builder. Silicone is great unless you happen to have RIW tilesafe membrane behind. I would normally leave the internal corner joint free of grout then silicone knowing the silicone would bite nicely into the gap however CCL Wetrooms advise if you use silicone then warranty will be void. Builder may have been following instructions. RIW also advise the same. And that's why I won't use the bitumen style membrane

Reply to Advice needed grout cracked in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay