Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
What do you use to mark your tiles with for cuts etc...do you use felt tips....lead pencils...china pencils.....what do you find best..??????

do you use different on mat and glossy tiles...etc etc.....

OP
D

DHTiling

Staedtler pencils.. use these all the time now over any other pencil.. and white china marker for dark tiles and grey china for polished stuff...

OP
U

user123

Only dealing with stained glass sheets right now - old eyeliner pencils :) they stay on better than a tile marker, ask your wife or girlfriend if she has some old ones lying about and try it. :thumbsup:

OP
M

Mike

pencil, chinagraph marker or felt tip depending on what tile or wether wet or dry cutting

OP
U

user123

mmm .. i feel a wifey make up bag raid..:lol:

yep, even lipstick has its place - I don't like wearing it so don't mind sacrificing some age old lippy :lol: really handy when you need a bright mark :lol:

Another really good thing I discovered lately, if I have a really complicated shape on stained glass, I draw or trace the shape with marker pen onto some tracing paper (greaseproof paper will do), spread copydex on the back of it, glue it down on the tile and use my very wet ringsaw, what a beauty that is :) the saw cuts no problem along my marker lines, the paper and copydex can cope with the wet, and the copydex just pulls off easily afterwards, the glass is unmarked, an absolute doddle if you have a complicated shape :thumbsup:

OP
M

Minesacarling

I use berol handwriting pens. Buy them of eBay 300 for ÂŁ6 with delivery. Good on wet cuts aswel if you scribe the tile aswel

OP
M

Minesacarling

Always comes off. I've been using them for the last 18 month an never had an issue. Although there are some tiles where you just know not to bother like some stone

OP
G

GC-Terrazzo

Always use pencils, felt tip pens are no good for me as i usually only do terrazzo and the tiles soak in the pen

Reply to What do you use to mark your tiles for cuts... in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock