Discuss Well, My First Porcel-thin Job! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

a tile is only as good as its fixer when they are macheted this is the out come world class all day long great setting out pinpoint thinking .the privalage was mine and garys all day long its always fun to work with a can do

O

Old Mod

Always room for improvement
..........yeah right, who am I trying to kid!!! Another class there Marc! Quality

Hahaha I make u right Geoff!
There is!
Trust me!
It's clever photography! :rolleyes: Haha
No, seriously tho. It's been an enormous learning curve, of that u can be sure!
Even tho ALL the principles are the same, nah they're not! Haha
When u have only one tile that spans the whole width of the wall, scribing it in becomes a whole new ball game! Haha
This tile I trimmed 6 bloody times before getting it right!
But that was the easy bit! Haha
The hard bit was the trip to the garage every time, to trim it! Slowly!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And this was tile.

image.jpeg

I averaged between 3-4Km a day according to my iPhone health app! Hahaha
And mitred cuts like this, certainly make your brow sweat!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Yeah the second one was a bit of a setting out **** up, but I did set it out by photographs only.
Just would of been sensible to check it once on site!
I was just cocky and didn't bother! Haha
So yeah it's just tiling, but let me tell u something,
It's NOT! Haha
And my complete respect goes out to all those who use this kind of format on a regular basis!
bravo-009.gif
!

O

Old Mod

A very nice job but I do have one question (and this could be just because of the way it is photographed) why have you cut around the window wall pieces and not laid the window wall pieces last? Surely the cutting would leave more room for error doing the side walls first?

Fantastic colours on the tiles, very authentic looking indeed.
Room for error? What D'u mean error? Hahaha
They're 4.8mm thick, there's no room for error!
Anyway, I don't do error! :D

There was no particular rhyme or reason, I just did!

Reply to Well, My First Porcel-thin Job! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks