Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Well, My First Porcel-thin Job! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

O

Old Mod

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Having been fortunate enough to work alongside @GaryTheTiler and
@Ray TT @ Porcel-Thin recently on a couple of projects it gave me a little hands on experience before I tackled my own bathroom refit for a client. This turned out to be invaluable!
The original ensuite was only 2yrs old and part of a massive remodelling of their property.
Long story kinda short. (For me!:p) the floor had failed and the client just wanted whole room ripping out!
This is what they wanted ripping out!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Basically the floor was a disaster waiting to happen.
They had placed OSB OVER joists and fixed.
Then placed 2x1 batons on OSB and put wet UFH trays between them.
Then GLUED ply on top. (Which de- bonded)
Then attempted to glue Ditra with AF200, which didn't work, so was effectively loose laid!
In fact the whole floor from the OSB up was effectively loose laid!
Anyway, after determining the position of the wet UFH pipes I screwed through the ply, 2x1, and batons into the joists.
No UFH piped were hurt in the making good of this floor! :D
Then I fixed 12mm Hardie on top! Screwing trough all layers where I could and into the ply elsewhere!
Yes the client was aware that this would reduce the effectiveness of the heating but felt it was a small price to pay fora solid floor!
This mess also left them with a split shower tray because although the times were meant to support the leading edge of the tray. They didn't. There just wasn't enough room for the trav to go under. So the tray was flexing which caused it to crack.
So remedials out of the way I began to transform their bathroom in to this!
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Lovely job Marc, hope you charged for all that mitreing ;) I'm sure the customer appreciates a job done properly as well. Nice one !!!

OP
Q

Qwerty

Always room for improvement.........

..........yeah right, who am I trying to kid!!! Another class there Marc! Quality

OP
B

Bill

A very nice job but I do have one question (and this could be just because of the way it is photographed) why have you cut around the window wall pieces and not laid the window wall pieces last? Surely the cutting would leave more room for error doing the side walls first?

Fantastic colours on the tiles, very authentic looking indeed.

Reply to Well, My First Porcel-thin Job! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock