Discuss Urgent help; scratches on ceramic tiles in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Ali_hs

-
What member type are you?
Homeowner
If any one can kindly help me solving this issue.. I bought this italian 1st choice ceramic Grac Tiles for my house.. After finishing tiling them many scratches appeared on the tiles without heavy duty and at walking Only!!
I would like to know whats the problem and if there is any solution.

Thanks!

Attachments

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,988 92 2
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Whats the difference?
A course grout heavy in aggregates could cause the scratches.
Looking at the images closely, the scratches appear to have been caused by a circular motion, maybe during cleaning, not by walking.

7FBB9DE9-78E1-455F-8CEA-0360BA9D102E.jpeg3760C011-9668-4122-9EF3-D6DB2D5AB82D.jpeg

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,646 58 1
Was a buffing machine used ?
I thinking along those lines ,, as if I was grouting or buffing by hand the circles wouldn't be so perfect , I'm also thinking is there a fault in the tile that wasn't spotted until after installation where in fact they are marks made in production

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reactions
Looks like it occurred after the tiles were set, it's like the scratch patterns span across multiple tiles.

Ali_hs

-
Homeowner
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was a buffing machine used ?
No.. No Machines used.. But regarding the
I thinking along those lines ,, as if I was grouting or buffing by hand the circles wouldn't be so perfect , I'm also thinking is there a fault in the tile that wasn't spotted until after installation where in fact they are marks made in production
If its a grouting cause it would be on specific tiles not on all 90 msq area with same shapes and distances.. Its a fault in production.. I was said to have 1st choice italian Grac!!!!
Post automatically merged:

Looks like it occurred after the tiles were set, it's like the scratch patterns span across multiple tiles.
I might agree hut if scratches occured when tiles were set when grouting some areas should be in good conditions.. Im telling you all 100 msq area eventhough i didnt start living in my home yet 😊

CJ

TF
Arms
Advent Win
Reactions
413 1
It does look like course sandy grout Scratches. Bal super flex by any chance? 🤔

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Advent Win
Reactions
2,305 1
It does look like course sandy grout Scratches. Bal super flex by any chance? 🤔
Can you buy Bal in Lebanon 😂

No.. No Machines used.. But regarding the

If its a grouting cause it would be on specific tiles not on all 90 msq area with same shapes and distances.. Its a fault in production.. I was said to have 1st choice italian Grac!!!!

I might agree hut if scratches occured when tiles were set when grouting some areas should be in good conditions.. Im telling you all 100 msq area eventhough i didnt start living in my home yet 😊
have you any spare tiles , to check the surface finish. ?

antonio

TF
Esteemed
Piastrellista Italiano
Arms
Advent Win
Reactions
23,390 62
the grac ceramics brand does not exist in Italy.
are you sure of the name?

jcrtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,646 58 1
Personally I think it's scratches from the polishing process in the production and it's just not very good

Ali_hs

-
Homeowner
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Attachments

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reactions
If those are leftover or not yet installed tiles, open a box and examine a few to see if the scratches are there as well. That should help get it sorted.

Reply to Urgent help; scratches on ceramic tiles in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.