Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Urgent help; scratches on ceramic tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Ali_hs

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
If any one can kindly help me solving this issue.. I bought this italian 1st choice ceramic Grac Tiles for my house.. After finishing tile them many scratches appeared on the tiles without heavy duty and at walking Only!!
I would like to know whats the problem and if there is any solution.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20191218_015726.jpg
    IMG_20191218_015726.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20191218_015710.jpg
    IMG_20191218_015710.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_20191217_092356.jpg
    IMG_20191217_092356.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 56
O

Old Mod

Whats the difference?

A course grout heavy in aggregates could cause the scratches.
Looking at the images closely, the scratches appear to have been caused by a circular motion, maybe during cleaning, not by walking.

7FBB9DE9-78E1-455F-8CEA-0360BA9D102E.jpeg
3760C011-9668-4122-9EF3-D6DB2D5AB82D.jpeg

D

Dumbo

Was a buffing machine used ?
I thinking along those lines ,, as if I was grouting or buffing by hand the circles wouldn't be so perfect , I'm also thinking is there a fault in the tile that wasn't spotted until after installation where in fact they are marks made in production

OP
A

Ali_hs

-
Reaction score
Was a buffing machine used ?
No.. No Machines used.. But regarding the
I thinking along those lines ,, as if I was grouting or buffing by hand the circles wouldn't be so perfect , I'm also thinking is there a fault in the tile that wasn't spotted until after installation where in fact they are marks made in production
If its a grouting cause it would be on specific tiles not on all 90 msq area with same shapes and distances.. Its a fault in production.. I was said to have 1st choice italian Grac!!!!
[automerge]1576707181[/automerge]
Looks like it occurred after the tiles were set, it's like the scratch patterns span across multiple tiles.
I might agree hut if scratches occured when tiles were set when grouting some areas should be in good conditions.. Im telling you all 100 msq area eventhough i didnt start living in my home yet 😊

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It does look like course sandy grout Scratches. Bal super flex by any chance? 🤔

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
It does look like course sandy grout Scratches. Bal super flex by any chance? 🤔
Can you buy Bal in Lebanon 😂
[automerge]1576736463[/automerge]
No.. No Machines used.. But regarding the

If its a grouting cause it would be on specific tiles not on all 90 msq area with same shapes and distances.. Its a fault in production.. I was said to have 1st choice italian Grac!!!!
[automerge]1576707181[/automerge]

I might agree hut if scratches occured when tiles were set when grouting some areas should be in good conditions.. Im telling you all 100 msq area eventhough i didnt start living in my home yet 😊

have you any spare tiles , to check the surface finish. ?

D

Dumbo

Personally I think it's scratches from the polishing process in the production and it's just not very good

Dhtiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
If those are leftover or not yet installed tiles, open a box and examine a few to see if the scratches are there as well. That should help get it sorted.

Reply to Urgent help; scratches on ceramic tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock