Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Public Thread!: Poor tile Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders

This is a public thread. So please do NOT include personal information of who's done the job, where it's been done, etc. Only include information related to the workmanship. What's been done wrong, what should have been done, how the repair has gone on, etc.

Upload pictures of poor workmanship by DIYers and rogue "tradesmen" to this thread. We have another thread in the arms which we will move posts to here by request. If you have pictures uploaded to the thread in the arms and would like the pictures added to here, please let one of the staff know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi everyone ! I just paid nearly £1800 for a bathroom retiled floor to ceiling and I've been ripped off ! Just issued a court application cause the person..has refused to return. Although actually that's a good thing cause she's bodged our home up ! Any views ? I'd especially be greatful from any professional tilers for their opinions ? Thank you Oh we paid for tile to the ceiling and got left with 15mm gaps which have some brown silicone in them...

IMG_3774.JPG IMG_3792.JPG IMG_3796.JPG IMG_3823.JPG IMG_3830.JPG IMG_3837.JPG IMG_3856.JPG IMG_3874.JPG

R

Rookery

Looks very poor but without knowing the scope of the works, we don't know how much of the budget was left for tile.

Q

Qwerty

And what were the tiles? Some tiles are so sizey which doesn't help. On the whole it looks far from acceptable

Reaction score
Is she a professional tiler? Was she recommended or was she the cheapest?
She has her own business and quoted on her own website she states she is an expert tiler ! Unfortunately reccomended to us via her partner.. not helpful. I've paid nearly £1800 , retained £500 but aiming to get the price of getting a retiled done from court. It looks awful in some places.

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock