Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Correct way to tile a wall next to a worktop in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

A

Axe23

Hi im tiling for the 1st time a 2 metre wide wall in the kitchen with 15cm x 15 tiles but the tiles will need to come up to the level of the worktop on my right. I can then continue my tiles around the worktop so the grout lines match at the corner. I know i must start in the middle of the wall low down using a spirit level and work up and out but i might end up with a grout line 2 inch or so above the worktop. I would like to place whole tiles along the 3 metre length of the worktop rather than half tiles in order to get the lines to match .

M

Mike

i usually tile on the worktops first using a full tile and work down to the floor if tiling behind a cooker for example.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd also find the lowest point of the worktop of it's not level and start a full tile from there if you can, so that on the higher side of the worktop you are trimming a little off the bottom of the tiles to keep them level. If you did it the other way around you'd end up with a gap under the tiles as the worktop drops off which would look bad and be a pain in the bum to cut tiny strips of tiles to get them to fit.

The worktop should be level to be honest but you often find they can run off 10mm quite easily. Perhaps not so much over just 2m length mind, but double check anyway.

A

Axe23

thanks for all comments...ive just finished tiling - grouting soon! started on the worktop then around the corner then down behind the cooker......those white homebase 44 tiles for a fiver are really good to work with.

Reply to Correct way to tile a wall next to a worktop in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks