Search the forum,

Discuss Underfloor heating between joists in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Might be worth checking to see if it’s definitely suitable for UFH.......beneath.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always bleat on about this, but just use Femacell flooring. Gives great conductivity for the underfloor and can be tiled straight onto.
I’ve done this numerous times, with no failures.
Ditch the ply

B

Blunt Tool

Is it thin porcelain, normal porcelain or stone? Use Tilemaster anti fracture mat no matter what, it’s thin and for hundreds could save thousands.
Not too sure about no fixings into joists tho

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Heres the reply ?
Good Morning Simon,

Thank you for sending us the photo- so for the GIFA floor system it is a floating system and doesn’t need to be screwed into the joists. Knauf flooring edge strips are to be used on the perimeter of the system to absorb any movement and stop the transfer of sound through walls if the floor does move/buckle. A anti fracture mat would substantially help, other than that this is all we advise for the GIFA floor.

Thank you for your enquiry,

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need any further information.

Kind Regards

Sam Bunting

Technical Support Trainee

Tel. (+44) 08000 304 135

www.knauf.co.uk

Follow us on twitter @KnaufTechnical

D

Dumbo

Anti fracture to help with a buckling floor . It just shows these guys dont know what they are on about and just make it up as the go along

Reply to Underfloor heating between joists in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen