Discuss Best timber floor base in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via spreader plates. The former will be a 22mm maxxus. Current joists are 7" at ~420 centres. 3x3m room.

As all the floor boards will be getting ripped out I'm unsure what the best material to put back down is. My current options are as follows:
  1. 22mm No more ply (£370)
  2. 18mm WBP ply with a 4 or 6mm cement board (£170)
  3. 25mm WBP ply with a mat (£160 - ??? dependant on mat, suggestions also please)
Looking for suggestions on the best option (money is a factor, so the price of no more ply instantly raises the hackles, and it's not available local) or alternatives please.

Reply to Best timber floor base in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks