Discuss Really stuck! Underfloor heating Q in wetroom! in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I am sure someone will know a good practice solution. We started a wetroom last year and then fracture my wrist badly so it's been left in a state of limbo. We have removed the temporary fixed loo, bath and sink to continue and have children so need to sort a way forward quickly. Builder had put a wedi fundo corner shower tray in on wooden floor with ply under the main room floor and 6mm backer board which sits flush with the top of the wedi shower tray former in the floor. The former has been tanked. We have underfloor heating HeatMat to be bedded into Weber flexible, reinforced screen and I have been trying to get my brain around the fact that technical support base said it has to be 10mm of screed when techinal data says 3mm over heated cable which would take it to about 6mm?

I understand that the shower tray should have been left higher and any underfloor heating should have been brought up to the same level. Is there any way around this? Is there any way of forming a removable fence around the former and letting the screen flow up to this depth and then the fence and use tile adhesive to feather in and bring the level up and tile over the whole lot?. I could remove the backerboard and gain 6mm or I wondered if I take the screen into the shower tray at 10mm and put heating in the tray too? Using porcelain mosaic for tray 50mm I could do away with underfloor heating and tile straight on the floor but it would be cold with just a towel rail. Bathroom is small, 2m x 3 m in an old victorian house so timber joist are original and nicely seasoned with 22m of ply on top!

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 16824260710692202903240987084823.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reaction score
How did you resolve this in the end?
I have to do a similar install with minimum floor height.
Currently looking at ply recessed between the joists, 10mm aquaboard (wedi or jackoboard) then the thinnest electric cable for heating and minimum screed or just tile cement straight over/into the cable. Any views?

Reply to Really stuck! Underfloor heating Q in wetroom! in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks