Search the forum,

Discuss Should I Be Useing Hardiebacker? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
Guys n gals

Have been asked to tile a 1st floor room with 900x150 porcelain wood effect tiles.
The sub floor is new floor boards as it is part of an extension which seem very solid with no noticeable deflection.
I am intending on laying 6mm Hardiebacker boards prior to tiling. Is this the recommended process and do these need to go down on a bed of flexi adhesive?

Thanks in advance

O

Old Mod

Hey @Lakey,
I've changed the thread title so that your question is more relevant.
It was a little confusing.

Using Hardie will suit your purpose just fine.
And using a flexible adhesive for both the Hardie and tiles would be the right way to go imo.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
@3_fall is there a specific tile levelling brand/system you would recommend.
Don't think they would be applicable to the tiles described above but keen to give them ago on some larger format porcelains.

O

Old Mod

@3_fall is there a specific tile levelling brand/system you would recommend.
Don't think they would be applicable to the tiles described above but keen to give them ago on some larger format porcelains.

Well they work very well on planks I think,
But u need to check them for bowing.
It may well state on the packaging what break of bond they recommend for their tile, a lot do now, with planks.
Personally I prefer Rubi, but most others prefer Raimondi.

Reaction score
I use the lash levelling system - even cheaper and you dont need a special tool ! However I did take a look at the Rubi system and would like to try it eventually, but I will probably wait until I get a nice big job!

Reply to Should I Be Useing Hardiebacker? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen