Discuss Flexible Fast Set Tile Adhesive with 10mm bed? (max on bag says 6mm!) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,

Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile Adhesive I've already bought (7 x 20kg bags!) to lay a 10mm bed for my tiles, when the instructions state - max 6mm?

It does say in isolated areas you can increase bed to 12mm.

I'd ideally not want to go out and buy more adhesive. But if floor will eventually fail, I'll bite the bullet and get some other adhesive.

I'll be laying 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles of 9mm thickness onto a primed cement screed base in my kitchen.

Wanted a 10mm bed to bring the floors flush with other rooms in house.

(Suppose alternative would be applying a thinner bed and use transition strips for floor variation, or using a backing board to increase height in kitchen)

Last edited:

Reply to Flexible Fast Set Tile Adhesive with 10mm bed? (max on bag says 6mm!) in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks