Search the forum,

Discuss Remove Grout From Internal Corners? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SB4U

Hopefully a quick one for ya.

When I grouted recently I was obviously not careful enough and got some grout in the internal corners in a few areas, where I had intended to silicone. Do you think I should remove all the grout before I silicone or will I get away with it do you reckon? I did try to scrape some out last night using a stanley knife but chipped a bit of the cut edge of the tile so I don't want to faff about with this unless it's really necessary.

WP_20151001_09_28_39_Pro.jpg

S

SB4U

Thanks @Alan.P. You're right, I really don't fancy replacing any tiles.

Although I've sent the wife out to get me a tile rake from Screwfix so maybe I'll try that to open the gap out a bit. If there's any more chips though I'll give up on it. I should have dealt with it whilst it was still soft of course but I always seemed to be chasing my tail to get it done before the grout went too hard.

S

SB4U

I think that if the rake doesn't work I won't sweat it any more and will just leave it as is.

S

StevieBoy

I wouldn't worry about that at all matey, it will be fine going over it with silicone.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I personally fill mine then silicone , i aint had one crack yet, my bathroom is grouted in each corner , no silicone and also no cracks in the couple of years its been in(no shower in it, just a free standing bath)
Id like to know how many tilers don't fill em, id bet most on here do, but won't admit it ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I personally fill mine then silicone , i aint had one crack yet, my bathroom is grouted in each corner , no silicone and also no cracks in the couple of years its been in(no shower in it, just a free standing bath)
Id like to know how many tilers don't fill em, id bet most on here do, but won't admit it ;)
Bloody cowboy.....:p

O

Old Mod

Ooow ooow sounds like a poll! Haha :D

C

cbmltd

I've always filled and sealed over with a really close matching color silicone wouldn't worry about it.:)

Reply to Remove Grout From Internal Corners? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen