Search the forum,

Discuss Project En-Suite - Setting Out the floor tiles... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

project damager

Hi Team

I have been trying to plot out the floor all day and just cannot make my mind up which way to go. From reading the forum I have set the tiles 450 X 450 (in black on attached PDF) as advised.

The Hardibacker comes 1500 X 900 and as my T&G floor is laid across the room the hardibacker will be laid lengthways (shown in blue). I have placed the two cuts at the end of the room, one under the shower (red line shows 900 X 900 shower dimensions), and the other under the cistern carcass.

My BIG problem is with the joists (in grey) which are set at approx 400mm centers.

It looks like I have hardibacker and tiles joined on the same line which worries me?

I have shown, dotted lines, tiles laid right over the centre joist and the hardibacker join, which will give me three full tiles in the room and two cuts? The door is in the bottom left hand corner, opening inwards…

Your advice please?

Kind regards,

Brian – The Project Damager

Attachments

• En-Suite - Floor Layout.pdf
    35 KB · Views: 71
G

GazTech

Provided you leave 3mm expansion between the backerboards, you have no problems, backers should really be staggered.........Gaz

G

grumpygrouter

Hi Team

I have been trying to plot out the floor all day and just cannot make my mind up which way to go. From reading the forum I have set the tiles 450 X 450 (in black on attached PDF) as advised.

The Hardibacker comes 1500 X 900 and as my T&G floor is laid across the room the hardibacker will be laid lengthways (shown in blue). I have placed the two cuts at the end of the room, one under the shower (red line shows 900 X 900 shower dimensions), and the other under the cistern carcass.

My BIG problem is with the joists (in grey) which are set at approx 400mm centers.

It looks like I have hardibacker and tiles joined on the same line which worries me?

I have shown, dotted lines, tiles laid right over the centre joist and the hardibacker join, which will give me three full tiles in the room and two cuts? The door is in the bottom left hand corner, opening inwards…

Your advice please?

Kind regards,

Brian – The Project Damager
You might want to check your size here Brian. I bought some last week and it was 1200x800 NOT 1500x900 as stated in the literature! Mine came from Topps so i don't know if they source a different size, but best to check any way.

Grumpy

D

Daz

It looks to me as though you haven't allowed for a grout line (3-4mm depending on tile?) which will affect everything. I would be more worried about the cuts left and right rather than your current perceived stress????

Perhaps shiffting the tiles left and up slightly will help you????

Regards,

Reply to Project En-Suite - Setting Out the floor tiles... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm tiling the floor of a wetroom and would like some advice on the best way to lay the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
I'm refitting our bathroom which is about 3m sq and am putting in a wetroom shower in the corner...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen