Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Precision cutting metal tile trim in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi, we have bought the nickel finish box shape stainless steel trim (link below) we have tried to cut it with an angle grinder and a saw, the heat of the angle grinder is ruining the finish and the saw isn’t giving us the clean finish we are looking for, we need to cut 45 degree angles, is this something that we could get professionally done or is there another way of cutting the trim we haven’t tried? Thanks

Reaction score
Why do you want to cut at 45°?
It looks far neater cut straight. If you are doing window reveals, cut the head and cill first. Then the sides. Use a stainless steel cutting disc. Let the disc do the cutting ie very little pressure.
Frank.

Diesel

-
Reaction score
I’d use a chop saw with appropriate cutting blade and be sure to support the trim with some good solid timer and use safety glasses. Good luck

OP
Sophietilingbeginner
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, we used a saw and filed the edge, the finish is pretty good imho
5110A4DA-2B06-40CF-B2D0-502C6F186536.jpeg
841C0ACA-9BA6-4A08-86DE-C50594D0B700.jpeg

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Thanks you just reminded me why I never normally post or offer advice. Tossers like you ! It’s not overkill atall it’s about making good choices and experience
Totally agree and the reason I very rarely post on here,to many know all know nothings that don't think experience counts,think they are full qualified Tilers after a two week tile course

Reply to Precision cutting metal tile trim in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock