Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss How bad is this tiling job and how can I fix it? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm currently dealing with the contractor from hell who has ruined job after job in my house. The latest installment is the bathroom tiles. The tiler came in and threw the tiles on the wall and floor; no spacers used, different space between every single tile, rough https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, squint tiles and the trim is just horrific.

The contractor has blamed us for every mess up. We told him we wanted a seamless finish and we wanted a brass trim. The trim on the box out is just atrocious and it then changes profile along my wall making it invisible. I was told by the tiler he only works with what he's given. No consultation took place beyond me being told he needed 10mm trim.

I need to know how bad this is; can they be fixed, do they need removed, will they be salvageable?

Thanks so much for any advice
IMG_20220519_205123.jpg
IMG_20220519_201830.jpg
IMG_20220519_201515.jpg
IMG_20220519_201324.jpg
IMG_20220519_201244.jpg
IMG_20220519_201115.jpg
IMG_20220519_201517.jpg
IMG_20220519_201424.jpg
IMG_20220519_201145.jpg

Reaction score
Pretty poor !
Orange tiles are designed to look handmade hence the wavey look. A bigger joint would look better
The brass angle should wrap around horizontal first then a verticle strip added below.then filed smooth for safety.
Verticle white can look stepped as the short ends arent always square and more noticeable that way. Laid horizontal with a larger joint is better. Plus use white grout.
Lippy tiles are poor fixing.
Same with the stone look tiles.
I doubt you could salvage the tiles but who knows, they may fall off anyway. !
If the tiler is presented with poor fixing surfaces or substandard tiles, he should either prepare the job as an extra cost or raise quality issues or not carry on at all as he then takes on the responsibility for the finish.

Trigger

Arms
Reaction score
It’s not good, to make it look better you will need to remove certain tiles & trims. This will likely damage the tiles, trims and possibly the wall/floor surface underneath.

Based on how that trim alone is fitted I would say that is not the work of a tiler. No tiler would ever think that is the correct way to install trim.

Reply to How bad is this tiling job and how can I fix it? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock