Discuss cutting polishing advice/recommendations wet saw grinder large format in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score

Advice
Hi guys,
got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern, 30x 60 30x30, 60x60. to do cuts i have a decent snap cutter. some tiles i need to trim a few mm off. i also need to smooth the cut edges.
so i know i get a smoother and more precise cut with a wet saw, however finding one that isn't a bridge saw that will take a 60x60 is hard; recommendations?
cutting a tile with a grinder - what speed do i need to be running it at, on a variable makita for instance?
best way to polish an edge? pads for grinders? polishing blocks? any more aggressive methods, grinding discs, finishing pads?
Thank you!

Reply to cutting polishing advice/recommendations wet saw grinder large format in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks