Search the forum,

Discuss Just a quick price check in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Interested to know what others would charge in labour to give me an idea how my pricing sits with others.
Job is 7.5m2: hallway and adjoining WC. Concrete substrate assumed good. 45x45 ceramic tile.

Works includes removing existing carpet/underlay, grippers, threshold strips.
Removal and refit of a toilet

Cheers

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Interesting @Bri
@macten I've just done something similar-ish. 9sqm, 600x600. Hallway and WC and charge £400.
FB_IMG_1441564452636.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
For the tiling and materials I made it 480. Getting rid of a urine soaked carpet and a sticky stained toilet would add another £75. Hopefully the customer would think twice about the waste charge and get rid of it themselves. Plus I don't have a waste carriers licence.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Looks well tidy @macten. Just a question about the skirting, did you remove it to tile are did you run a bead of silicone done the edge of the tiles the meet to it.
Cheers
D

Skirting stayed on and gap siliconed mate

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Andy - after careful consideration I decided to cut round the toilet.
Rigid fixings to the feed bending straight out from the wall and immediately going into a drain off valve (plumber must have run out of elbows!)
Screws in cistern rotted and siliconed to wall
Syphon loose
Pan bedded onto cement

So really couldn't be arsed with the potential pain

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Depends - sometimes it's easier and neater to just extend the feed pipe, sometimes there's no iso valve so putting one of them in and shortening the feed works well.
Other times a flexi works best.
And every now and again, like this one, it's best to leave well alone.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Andy - after careful consideration I decided to cut round the toilet.
Rigid fixings to the feed bending straight out from the wall and immediately going into a drain off valve (plumber must have run out of elbows!)
Screws in cistern rotted and siliconed to wall
Syphon loose
Pan bedded onto cement

So really couldn't be arsed with the potential pain
Agree some toilets aren't worth the hassle taking out......and I've study the cutting round the toilet and it's spot on.....you would think it's going underneath it.........Some think every toilet should be taken out but imo it makes no difference providing spare tiles are left behind. .

Reply to Just a quick price check in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays